This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 days ago it was +32C (89F). Today, [-]&%^$%$@%%[/-] snow. It melted on landing but WTF? We don't get permanent snow here until late Oct.:mad:

We have snow in the forecast for the next few days but I haven't spotted any yet. And aren't those days getting nice and short too?

We're being buzzed by the annual migration of Blue Angels, should clear up by Monday.
Man when they buzz you those things are really loud!

Attachments

• Blue Angels.jpg
    Blue Angels.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1
When it comes to decibel levels, none of those aircraft could hold a bloody eardrum to the old F-4.

I used to caddy for my dad at a golf course near MCAS El Toro, and the F-4s pretty much took the fun out of golf. I don't know why we dropped any ordnance in Vietnam. If we'd just dedicated 3 weeks to flying F-4s around at 500 feet and 150 knots with the landing gear, slats, flaps, aux tanks, gun pods, a half dozen SNAKEYE, and maybe a RAT hanging out in the breeze, I'm pretty sure Uncle Ho and everyone else would have thrown in the towel from all the gawdawful screaming noise.

Of course, we wouldn't have been able to see 'em waving the white flags through all the smoke . . .

I'll be lighting my fireplace tonight. Expected temperature is 12 degrees F.

Nice snuggle weather. ;)

Brrr!! Officially it maxed out at 90 degrees here today, and humidity 75% - 85%. Sure felt hotter than 90. I guessed 94 before looking it up.

Rats! They canceled our snow - we're not far enough North of Kansas City center.

Of course the front may dip further than expected. Soooo - anybody dig their slats out of the closet - Colorado is/has opened a couple ski areas?

heh heh heh - I just turned down an offer to help some folks move from near Chatanooga to Port Canaveral - I hear it gets hot and sweaty in Florida.

heh heh heh - :cool: Maybe a post Holiday visit in Jan? :D

Chicago area has a freeze warning for Sat night. May have a wind chill in the 20's for the Chicago Marathon Sunday, totally unlike 2007 and 2008 when temps pushed into the 80's and people were dropping like flies. I think I'll watch it on tv

When it comes to decibel levels, none of those aircraft could hold a bloody eardrum to the old F-4.
I used to caddy for my dad at a golf course near MCAS El Toro, and the F-4s pretty much took the fun out of golf. I don't know why we dropped any ordnance in Vietnam. If we'd just dedicated 3 weeks to flying F-4s around at 500 feet and 150 knots with the landing gear, slats, flaps, aux tanks, gun pods, a half dozen SNAKEYE, and maybe a RAT hanging out in the breeze, I'm pretty sure Uncle Ho and everyone else would have thrown in the towel from all the gawdawful screaming noise.
Of course, we wouldn't have been able to see 'em waving the white flags through all the smoke . . .
One of my shipmates is an F-4 RIO, for whom neither the billet nor the Vietnam War will ever end. I must've instinctively blocked out thinking about that airframe.

It's that time of year. I'm monitoring the radar to determine if I need to leave for w*rk early to avoid the highway with sn*w and freezing rain coming this afternoon and evening. I broke out the winter jacket, hat, and gloves.:(

This weather is unbelievable. Rain again today and 60% chance most of the week. The last 6 weeks has been wet wet wet. Golf game going to hell.:(

It's official...NWS radio just used the "S" word for Friday's extended forecast.
30% chance of Rain and S...Sn...:nonono: Showers.
I can't even type it all out! :(

Luckily the sn*w stayed about 100 miles north of me but I did just get done scrapping off the freezing rain that froze to my windshield while I was at w*rk.

Geesssh last year i thought I would never see the color green again and after what seems like a month of rain I think I will take a day off and build an ark...

It is 85 and a little rainy here today. Could be a whole lot worse. :)

Turned out it WAS a whole lot worse, just a couple of miles east of me where it rained 3+ inches in an hour yesterday and flooded low lying areas like underpasses, requiring police and others to rescue those who got trapped in the rising water. But, it never did rain that heavily at my house.

Today is a repeat of yesterday. Luckily I have no reason to leave home since I am off this week.

53 degrees ....it's rainin' like pourin' pee pee out of a boot! I think I'm gonna float away...

fourteen days. tick tick tick tick. Married off your daughter, stayed home last week. Looks to me like someone is clearing the decks....

Now that my daughter has been a happily married lady for two whole days (:D:D:D!!!) I do feel like I am clearing the decks!

I needed the time off prior to that, to adjust mentally to the idea of her marriage since my daughter and I have been unusually close. Taking time off to wrap my mind around it worked. Now, I do truly feel that I gained a son, instead of losing my daughter. Now, I can relax and be happy for them, and turn my mind towards my impending retirement.

I will go back to work on Wednesday. It is our yearly "employee appreciation day", so I can go in late and just work 2-3 hours. Good planning, huh? :LOL: I will work from then straight through to my ER day, a total of 7 more work days. Mostly I will be doing my exit clearance and saying my goodbyes.

Last edited:
If you really want bad weather..you should live in Wisconsin...the weather here sucks all the time..
that is why we lead the US in binge drinking and amount of breweries ...you have to stay blasted most of the time
just to live here....bottoms up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom