This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard that there is snow in every single state except Hawaii right now. What a winter.

Actually.... I can't get the link to open on USAtoday.com :(, but there is a headline that snow is expected to be on the ground in all 50 states at the same time, a very unusual meteorlogical experience.

They said on Fox News (where I heard this) that while often there is snow on Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, that right now at this specific moment there wasn't any. All they need is one snowfall there and we'll have all 50 states, you're right!

With any luck it will start snowing there before Nords reads this. :LOL:

The USAtoday headline (which I still can't open) just changed to 49 states with snow--they wanted to wait until I posted the first headline about all 50.... Stupid media sensationalists.

We have had sunshine here all day--yay!

The USAtoday headline (which I still can't open) just changed to 49 states with snow--they wanted to wait until I posted the first headline about all 50.... Stupid media sensationalists.

We have had sunshine here all day--yay!

That is GREAT, especially after all the snow you have been enduring!

Here, it has been gloomy and dark, in the 30's but feeling much colder probably due to wind and humidity. The drizzle/rain earlier felt like icewater. Now that it has paused, "Lake W2R" in my back yard has disappeared. Not my favorite weather, but better than any day at work...

Somehow I am missing all these snows. Right now I am in Oklahoma and it is nice. :)

Happy to hear it, but isn't that snow in your avi;) BTW, our local forecast for the DC area calls for more snow on Monday
CatMad3.gif

How about pulling my finger?;) Got the mutt out for a little fun in the snow. He had a good time too, his first snow. Funny, we have had some snow for 3 straight years. Prior to that, maybe 1 over a 10 year span.:-\ Actually snow is pretty neat here. You get to enjoy it for a day or 2 and then its gone. Probably will get to play golf next week.:)

Those are adorable mutt pictures Dawg!

We are just a few hours north and east of you in Birmingham, AL. The news said we got between 1 and 4" of snow...very variable. As you can see from this pic, we got only a light dusting. If you look closely you can see the snow. Pretty, but not painful, LOL.

Attachments

• Snow in AL Feb 2010 001.jpg
    Snow in AL Feb 2010 001.jpg
    838.3 KB · Views: 0
61. I busted out the shorts today for the afternoon walk. Hope ya all are stayen warm. Aww Nords has it around 74. Gosh guess thats the price I pay. ;)

Those are adorable mutt pictures Dawg!

We are just a few hours north and east of you in Birmingham, AL. The news said we got between 1 and 4" of snow...very variable. As you can see from this pic, we got only a light dusting. If you look closely you can see the snow. Pretty, but not painful, LOL.

With all due respect simple girl: "THAT AIN'T SNOW". This is snow;):

Attachments

• P1010231.JPG
    P1010231.JPG
    411.4 KB · Views: 0
With all due respect simple girl: "THAT AIN'T SNOW". This is snow;):

Hey, I know it. I was mocking the forecasters down here saying we had a "winter warning". Then we ended up with a dusting. My gym class was canceled tonight b/c people are afraid of the roads maybe becoming icy. LOL. I grew up in PA. I know more about snow than I wanna ever know. You guys have gotten pommeled by snow!! I'm just glad to not be in it this time!

Just read in the USA Today newspaper that 49 states had snow today. The only state without snow is Hawaii.

Heard on the news that you guys had 12", pretty amazing. It's coming down here. Here is an early morning pic. I'll take another when it has done what's it's going to do.
Hey...your neighborhood looks a lot like mine. I bet you live just down the street from me don't ya? :flowers:

Oh Nords! I can't get mad at you though. I'll never forget the helpful tips you gave me when DH broke is arm this past summer. We still have a big bottle of the aloe with the lidocane you recommended. That stuff saved him from going insane.
BTW, his arm is doing great now. He had no problem shoveling the 5 foot drifts.
Glad that worked out. But otherwise I try to hold back on the weather posts unless unnecessarily provoked.

They said on Fox News (where I heard this) that while often there is snow on Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, that right now at this specific moment there wasn't any. All they need is one snowfall there and we'll have all 50 states, you're right!
With any luck it will start snowing there before Nords reads this. :LOL:
Nah, then they'd be holding the Mauna Kea Snowboarding Championships, which come off even less frequently than the Eddie Aikau.

Waitaminnit... does this imply there's snow in Florida?!?

Let's just hope right now that the Saints don't repeat next year...

We have gotten slammed here in the Pittsburgh area this year but not as bad as the poor folks in D.C. or Philly or Baltimore. About 30 years ago we were living in Tidewater VA and I remember we had more snow one winter that Buffalo, NY. Sometimes it just works out like that. Things don't shut down around here like they did in VA, however, other than the schools. Some of my co-workers like this weather as they go skiing several times a week at local resorts and parks. I leave for Houston tomorrow and hope I don't see any snow there.

DW just commented this morning that there is at least one good effect from all this snow:

We haven't spent a nickel for a week.

Of course, she's going nuts from cabin fever but that's another story.

Walt34--Pretty much the same here except that I did order some New Braunfels Smokehouse jerky online as it came highly recommended by another forum member. Not for myself, but for my son, as he is a jerky connoisseur. Have been eyeing up some stuff on LLBean, too, as I have a coupon, but have not ordered yet. But, yes, I have no desire to slog through snow covered parking lots and try to find a space amongst huge mounds of snow. I have been making a beeline for home after work and saving money as a result.

Still can't get out

We are still waiting for a plow to clear our driveway. Had to take my vacation time, as the main roads are clear and work isn't closed. In the picture, I'm standing inside one of the drifts. Have not had snow come up this high on me since I was 9 years old.

Amethyst

Attachments

• Snowdrift 12 Feb 10.jpg
    Snowdrift 12 Feb 10.jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 3
Hey, I know it. I was mocking the forecasters down here saying we had a "winter warning". Then we ended up with a dusting. My gym class was canceled tonight b/c people are afraid of the roads maybe becoming icy. LOL. I grew up in PA. I know more about snow than I wanna ever know. You guys have gotten pommeled by snow!! I'm just glad to not be in it this time!

I'm sure growing up in PA did teach you a thing or two about snow. I have a friend from Buffalo NY. She is a snow expert.

Sometimes the forecasters go overboard and get people in a panic when it's not justified. Even so, I understand how folks who have little experience with winter weather need to be extra careful.

We have gotten slammed here in the Pittsburgh area this year but not as bad as the poor folks in D.C. or Philly or Baltimore. About 30 years ago we were living in Tidewater VA and I remember we had more snow one winter that Buffalo, NY.

That's exactly what the weatherman said on the news last night - that we in the DC area have had more snow this year than Buffalo, NY.

One interesting possible side-effect may be our reaction to snow. Normally around here when they call for just a few inches of snow, we all turn into quivering bowls of jelly (myself included). Now they are calling for more snow on Monday, but say "don't worry - it will just be a few inches". ;)

Just read in the USA Today newspaper that 49 states had snow today. The only state without snow is Hawaii.

Yesterday:
That's raising the prospect that by day's end there may be some "snow cover" in all 50 states (some of Hawaii's volcano peaks almost always have at least a little of the white stuff).

The wonder of all that has University of Oklahoma meteorological student Patrick Marsh on a quest. He's trying to collect fresh snow photos from all 50 states.

Well, he did it.

Ramblings of a Graduate Student » Snow Shot of America

Buried somewhere in the 700 or so e-mails he still has to sift through, though, just could be the shot from Hawaii that confirms what he's sure of -- snow on the ground there Friday in the upper elevations.

... just could be the shot from Hawaii that confirms what he's sure of -- snow on the ground there Friday in the upper elevations.
Sorry, we FedExed all ours to Vancouver. They need it more than we do and the publicity was just too good to pass up.

DW just commented this morning that there is at least one good effect from all this snow:

We haven't spent a nickel for a week.

Of course, she's going nuts from cabin fever but that's another story.

Well she is in the minority because my ebay sales have been booming with orders from the Northeast !:)

Just when I thought we'd seen all the different types of bad winter weather we can have down here, we had a new one when I woke up this morning: freezing fog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom