This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been in AZ for 35 years. When newcomers ask me if one can get used to this dry heat, I answer "For me, it gets tougher every year".

90+ degrees with 75% humidity in northern Illinois on Sunday. When its this hot, I'd rather have a dry heat rather than a wet heat. To me, a 115 degree day in Az is not more uncomfortable than a 95 degree day in Il

90+ degrees with 75% humidity in northern Illinois on Sunday.

Unbelievable how hot it is for this time of year. Just a week ago the temps were low 80's with nice cool breezes. The weather channel shows 90 at the moment with 45% humidity. I don't believe the humidity number. Just got through doing yard work and I am wringing wet. Feels like late July. Oh well, 30 more minutes and I can have a cold med.:whistle:

Unbelievable how hot it is for this time of year. Just a week ago the temps were low 80's with nice cool breezes. The weather channel shows 90 at the moment with 45% humidity. I don't believe the humidity number. Just got through doing yard work and I am wringing wet. Feels like late July. Oh well, 30 more minutes and I can have a cold med.:whistle:

It really is hot! The weather channel shows the temperature here is one degree cooler than up there, but they measure the temperature out at the airport (and under an air conditioner, I'd bet). It's always hotter elsewhere in the area than the official temperature anyway. Good idea to wait until you cool off a little, before starting with the cold meds. No need to shock the system.

Just got through doing yard work and I am wringing wet. :whistle:

I was soaked after yard work as well - too bad it wasn't Wednesday weigh-in - I lost 5 lbs over the weekend. Probably water loss that will easily be gained by Weds.

Its 108 in the office in the nuke plant where DW works - the ac has not been working for about a week

81 degrees in East Nowhere NY. Light breeze, cloudless sky, picture perfect day. Bonus: all the tree leaves are out now. Summer has arrived. :D
Time to start breaking in my tomato and cubanelle pepper plants in the outside screened porch. We can still get frost up until late May if a wave of cold air from Canada comes down our way. Planting time is always after Memorial Day. :flowers:

Theoretically it's only 89 here. Of course, Frank's Murano says it is 96 but then what does it know. :nonono: I still think it is hot, hot, hot.

To me, a 115 degree day in Az is not more uncomfortable than a 95 degree day in Il
Very true. However, one asks himself why he should suffer either.

Theoretically it's only 89 here. Of course, Frank's Murano says it is 96 but then what does it know. :nonono: I still think it is hot, hot, hot.

It's "only" 89 here as well. I'm getting ready to go w*rk 12 hours of manual labor in a factory that will be well over 90. Hope I live through the shift.

At my old home by lake superior it is 60 degrees right now. But I am in southern Iowa right now and it is in the 90s and humid. Ick.

Phoenix at current time of 1:30PM : 74F, dew point of 23F, humidity 14%.

Hmm... It's not often that AZ is a cooler spot in the nation. So, I looked up the weather map, and posted it below. :flowers: to Midwesterners.

Attachments

• USWeather_May24_2010.jpg
    USWeather_May24_2010.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 148
Great map - looks a little chilly at the Grand Canyon

Very true. However, one asks himself why he should suffer either.

I used to have work outside in 95 degree heat in Il, but I only had to walk from the car to the mall and restaurant at 115 in Az. So at least in Az I only 'suffered' a few minutes

Cloudy
Rainy
Cold
May = March in the PNW
Well, there is a reason they invented Gortex
Off to camp at Lake Crescent in Olympic National Park.

DD

Currently it is 85 degrees and 65% humidity and predicted low for tonight is mid 40s. Tomorrow the high is supposed be 60; I suspect the weather will get interesting this evening.

Well, it was an interesting evening, the storms started about 6pm and continued for several hours. We only got about 2 inches of rain here but 10 miles to the northeast there was more than 6 inches according to weather radar. Not good for the young crops. The other problem is geography. This area was the bottom of lake Agassiz (SP?) and is very flat so a lot of flood warnings.

Cloudy
Rainy
Cold
May = March in the PNW
Well, there is a reason they invented Gortex
Off to camp at Lake Crescent in Olympic National Park.

DD

We got in a couple of great hikes. A few glimpses of sunshine but mostly coudy, drizzle with occasional rain. It was the quintessential PNW rainforest experience. Despite the weather it is a great time to be hiking in the PNW as everything is growing and blooming. I was struck by how verdant and green everything is this spring.

DD

Back to that summer weather pattern where the forecast routinely understimates the high by 5-7 degrees. 98 here currently; forecast was for 93...

Hot and humid already for last week or so. Have to get the neighbor over to put the A/C in the window. Going to be a long summer.

Can we just skip summer? It was 84 degrees already this morning at only 8:15.

The heat just seems to weigh heavily on me this year... and it's NOT because I weigh heavily!

I'd like to fast-forward to about mid-October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom