Thoughts about an Early Retirement Forum "convention"?

Vegas works for me, any excuse to go play poker.

I'd possibly be up for a west coast meeting...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Steve - since you're from a square state, where its my observation that all the good beef comes from - you bring the steak...? :)

Not much beef in this square state. Too many mountains and too much desert for good beef. I am sure I could round up some Morman crickets if you like.

Well crap...no beef AND lousy real estate appreciation? Get the hell out of there man! Find a squiggly state ASAP! :)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Well crap...no beef AND lousy real estate appreciation? Get the hell out of there man! Find a squiggly state ASAP! :)

Not sure about the low appreciation...mine is up over 25% in the past couple of years. Squiggle states also come with high taxes and way too many people...ewwww.

True, true.

I should keep my trap shut about my house going from 250k to 425k to 325k in three years... :p

Martha said:
...meet up at various events, like the balloon festival in New Mexico. ... They are a different sort of bunch than we are though.

Oh, I don't think so. I'm sure that there are those that believe that some of us are full of hot air ;) ...

- Ron

be interesting to see who actually shows up ... I would guess most would not want to "give-up" the anonymity the forum offers.

nametags with only a username would be in order

I'm all for Texas--I'm dying to go out there and drink Shiner Bock in it's proper habitat! To say nothing of hearing Robert Earl Keen with a local crowd, singing along! Charleston isn't on the way to anywhere, as proven by the airfares coming into this place!

Sarah

Weelll try fly'n into Dallas-Fortworth. American airlines has a lock on the place. Air fare is OUTRAGEOUS!

tryan said:
nametags with only a username would be in order
Well, how else would we be able to recognize each other?

My nametag's going to read "Cute Fuzzy Bunny".

But you'll figure it out about the time you meet your sixth "JG"...

And my nametag will read "Nords"

Nords said:
Well, how else would we be able to recognize each other?

My nametag's going to read "Cute Fuzzy Bunny".

But you'll figure it out about the time you meet your sixth "JG"...

I know people are probably half-serious - but I would be willing to seriously meet many on the board--heck, I've met Nords and posted a picture of him surfing - plus there's a few of us here in NCAL (Cute, Fuzzy Bunny, Jarhead and me that I do remember).

Problem is it's WORK to set something up - in any case, if there is something, I'd give it a 90% shot I'd be there.

For those of us still working, anything more than a few hours drive would pose a major barrier. If I was retired I'd cross half the country.

Back
Top Bottom