Tier Three Meds

Breedlove

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Went to get my BP medicine yesterday , I am on the DW insurance plan . I buy it at 3 months at a time . The last time I paid 30.00 for three months , this is a Generic medicine . The pharmacist told me this time my cost was 138.37 for three months . We called the insurance company and was told my BP medicine has now been deemed as tier 3 ...the most expensive in this family of drugs . I will work with my doc to find another drug.

Went to get my BP medicine yesterday , I am on the DW insurance plan . I buy it at 3 months at a time . The last time I paid 30.00 for three months , this is a Generic medicine . The pharmacist told me this time my cost was 138.37 for three months . We called the insurance company and was told my BP medicine has now been deemed as tier 3 ...the most expensive in this family of drugs . I will work with my doc to find another drug.

My friend paid $90 or thereabouts, 2 months ago, for a one-month supply of eye drops for glaucoma.

Her ophthalmologist kindly offered to write her a 3-month prescription, and when she went to get that filled, she expected to pay around $270. Instead, she was told the cost would be $875.

We were both horrified.

She has looked for the exact same medication and same maker in Canadian pharmacies and sees she can get 3 months for somewhere in the $500 range. Still, she is going to ask the doctor whether something else would work as well.

I'm currently taking a low dosage of losartan potassium with good results. It is the generic equivalent of Cozar. I pay out of pocket $15 for a 3 month supply at Costco.

Back
Top Bottom