Join Early Retirement Today

Tier Three Meds
Old 03-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Tier Three Meds

Went to get my BP medicine yesterday , I am on the DW insurance plan . I buy it at 3 months at a time . The last time I paid 30.00 for three months , this is a Generic medicine . The pharmacist told me this time my cost was 138.37 for three months . We called the insurance company and was told my BP medicine has now been deemed as tier 3 ...the most expensive in this family of drugs . I will work with my doc to find another drug.
Breedlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2017, 10:08 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breedlove View Post
Went to get my BP medicine yesterday , I am on the DW insurance plan . I buy it at 3 months at a time . The last time I paid 30.00 for three months , this is a Generic medicine . The pharmacist told me this time my cost was 138.37 for three months . We called the insurance company and was told my BP medicine has now been deemed as tier 3 ...the most expensive in this family of drugs . I will work with my doc to find another drug.

My friend paid $90 or thereabouts, 2 months ago, for a one-month supply of eye drops for glaucoma.

Her ophthalmologist kindly offered to write her a 3-month prescription, and when she went to get that filled, she expected to pay around $270. Instead, she was told the cost would be $875.

We were both horrified.

She has looked for the exact same medication and same maker in Canadian pharmacies and sees she can get 3 months for somewhere in the $500 range. Still, she is going to ask the doctor whether something else would work as well.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:01 PM   #3

I'm currently taking a low dosage of losartan potassium with good results. It is the generic equivalent of Cozar. I pay out of pocket $15 for a 3 month supply at Costco.
candrew is offline   Reply With Quote