Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuirWannabe View Post
I heard the police were asking Elin how many times she hit Tiger with the golf club. After thinking for a minute she said "I can't really remember. Go ahead and put me down for a 5".

"Looks like Tiger's putter has let him down again"..........

"I heard Elin has Eliott Spitzer's wife on speed dial"..........

"Tiger's big change in 2010 will be to leave his DRIVER in the bag more".........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #22
Give me a forum ...

This is that guy who can hit a dinky little ball really far and put it in holes in the lawn? And has more money than any of us and nicer cars and a bigger house? and his wife is beautiful? and he's probably smarter and has met more of the glitterati? and withal seems to be a well spoken decent person? Good thing we have people willing to paw through his sewage hunting for turds that don't smell of roses.
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #23
Give me a forum ...

For the real story... at about the 50 second mark

#
RonBoyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
This is that guy who can hit a dinky little ball really far and put it in holes in the lawn? And has more money than any of us and nicer cars and a bigger house? and his wife is beautiful? and he's probably smarter and has met more of the glitterati? and withal seems to be a well spoken decent person? Good thing we have people willing to paw through his sewage hunting for turds that don't smell of roses.
He is held to a higher standard than most, whether fair or not. Unfortunately, due to his public status, he is subject to media hype, whether it is fair or not......

Also,Tiger has always projected he is a BIG family man, which of course makes him look like a hypocrite at this point.

I'll stick with my original point, the loss of Earl left a huge void in Tiger's life that noone can fill. I don't see how young skanky-type women fill that void but he is human and has issues like we all do..........

Old 12-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
I don't see how young skanky-type women fill that void...
I can see it...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
I can see it...
I suppose.....but Elin is pretty hot IMHO..........

Old 12-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #27
Give me a forum ...

What's the moral of the story? That's what my teachers would say after reading in grade school.
easysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
What's the moral of the story? That's what my teachers would say after reading in grade school.
"If you want to be known as a "family man", then act like one"........

Or, as my uncle used to say:

"There's nothing wrong with acting like you're single, as long as you ARE"..........

Old 12-02-2009, 11:03 AM   #29
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
If you have to choose between a fire hydrant and a tree ... take the seven iron!

t.r.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #30
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I can see it...

I am with you HFWR. He married too young. Too many women and too little time.

I divorced at 30 and remarried at 57.
check6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #31
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Problem is once these guys get plenty of money they become targets for these girls who want to get involved with someone rich in the hope that it pays off. Not placing all the blame on the women involved, but let's face it, if Tiger was not Tiger with all the money would these women be all over him like bees on a honeypot? I think if you have good looking women throwing themselves at you all the time it must be harder than for the average joe to stay grounded.

I just hope that he and his wife can work things out. It must be hard enough for your husband to commit infidelity, but to have the whole world looking on and talking about it, must make it more difficult. Think the media needs to back off and let them sort it out, though I am sure the tabloids will be full of it for months. I am glad that Tiger made a statement admitting what he did so at least we won't have to put up with lurid innuendos for months to come.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #32

Just another case of a guy thinking with the wrong head, we're human, no!
73ss454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Problem is once these guys get plenty of money they become targets for these girls who want to get involved with someone rich in the hope that it pays off. Not placing all the blame on the women involved, but let's face it, if Tiger was not Tiger with all the money would these women be all over him like bees on a honeypot? I think if you have good looking women throwing themselves at you all the time it must be harder than for the average joe to stay grounded.
So, some kind of entrapment plot? I do remember an article that researched the surprising number of college basketball players that were going to be drafted into the NBA whose girlfriends mysteriously became pregnant..........

Quote:
I just hope that he and his wife can work things out. It must be hard enough for your husband to commit infidelity, but to have the whole world looking on and talking about it, must make it more difficult. Think the media needs to back off and let them sort it out, though I am sure the tabloids will be full of it for months. I am glad that Tiger made a statement admitting what he did so at least we won't have to put up with lurid innuendos for months to come.
Tiger's only mistake was not coming "clean" sooner.........I am sure this too shall pass..........

Old 12-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #34
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
"If you want to be known as a "family man", then act like one"........

Or, as my uncle used to say:

"There's nothing wrong with acting like you're single, as long as you ARE"..........

I think another moral might be that it takes more than fame and fortune to be happy. I don't much at all about his wife, but obviously he wasn't happy (well, at least not happily married) with his "transgressions."
easysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I suppose.....but Elin is pretty hot IMHO..........
Right! The skanky ones are after me, and Bill Clinton...

Old 12-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #36
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
I think if you have good looking women throwing themselves at you all the time it must be harder than for the average joe to stay grounded.
I manage just fine...
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #37
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Right! The skanky ones are after me, and Bill Clinton...
The skanky one's always look better after a few med's.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #38
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
The skanky one's always look better after a few med's.
As do I...

Old 12-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #39

Everything will blow over for Tiger. I think he will emerge chastened and with a new appreciation for the good life and good reputation that he enjoys. He is very young(33) and has been in the pressure cooker of competition for most of his life. I don't think he will lose any endorsements, either.
WhoDaresWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #40

Think Dangermouse knows of what she speaks. Tiger's appeal is $$$ and money grubbing skanks are all over him probably daily. I'm disappointed that he didn't have the strength to turn it down......and skanks totally prey on weakness in a rich and powerful man.