Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

thoughts....
grass is always greener on the California and Australian courses...
good that he isn't a baseball player...
wife should start pen-palin' with Hillary..
is he as good in bed as he is on the course...
his life will be a living hell for a hellava long time....
he'll have to be much more careful in the future...
how is his putting game in the bedroom - what size putter does he have
consistent straight hitter?...or did the hook rare up from time to time?
what was the pillow talk about Phil...
what are the chances he'll do the grand slam this year...or any year...
what does the prenutial say

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #42

Big article in USA Today on this whole fiasco. Here's a quote for you from said article:

"We've learned much about Tiger in the past week, little of it good. We've learned he wants all of your attention when he's playing golf, or trying to sell you something, but then gets angry when you want to know any more about him. We've learned that in many ways, he's just another outrageously rich, self-centered jock."

Old 12-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Lessee...if you are a celebrity you are not supposed to be naughty. If you are caught being naughty, people rip you to shreds.

Whew...I'm glad I'm not a celebrity....barely missed that bullet.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
I'm disappointed that he didn't have the strength to turn it down
What are these words you are using? "strength"? "turn it down"? I don't understand.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #45

All I know is it appears he crapped in his own punchbowl. May he enjoy the party. When men or women lose their honor they frequently do not do a good or quick recovery. The poem "The Guy in the Glass" comes to mind. It is one of my favorites and no, I did not pick it up from AA.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Big article in USA Today on this whole fiasco. Here's a quote for you from said article:

"We've learned much about Tiger in the past week, little of it good. We've learned he wants all of your attention when he's playing golf, or trying to sell you something, but then gets angry when you want to know any more about him. We've learned that in many ways, he's just another outrageously rich, self-centered jock."
I'm quite happy to let Tiger, his wife, his mistress, and the police work this one out...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #47
Give me a forum ...

On the other hand:

Banned! These ads are too racy for the Super Bowl

Quote:
AshleyMadison.com's 'Who Are You Doing After the Game?' ad
Thinking about cheating on your husband or wife? A new company wants to help you out: AshleyMadison.com, a matchmaking service for people in the market for extramarital affairs.

But you won't be seeing ads for it at the Super Bowl, as AshleyMadison.com ads were reportedly banned from the Official NFL Super Bowl Game Program, according to reports that were confirmed by AshleyMadison.com.

"I find the rejection to be ridiculous given that a huge percentage of the NFL's marketing content is for products like alcohol, which they sell in their stadiums, promote on their air and have in the game program. That's a product that literally kills tens of thousands of people each year," said Noel Biderman, President of AshleyMadison.com.

"We don't intend to let this pass. The NFL fan base is our core audience and we will find a way to let them know about the existence of this service and let them decide if its something for them, he added.
Tiger Woods to be the new face of cheating web site AshleyMadison.com?

Quote:
An infamous adultery website wants Tiger Woods to know that cheating isn't all bad - it can earn the golf legend a massive pay day!

TMZ has obtained a contract AshleyMadison.com sent to Woods offering him $5 million for "advertisement, endorsement, sale and promotion" of their site.
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #48
Recycles dryer sheets

Well CNN said he was changing his name to Ceetah...

Old 12-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphx View Post
Well CNN said he was changing his name to Ceetah...

rotflmao : laugh:
Old 12-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #50

She's a beautiful gal, and he said he wouldn't marry anyone unless MaMa approved which she did. Beautiful wife, devoted mother...what's wrong then?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #51

Quote:
She's a beautiful gal, and he said he wouldn't marry anyone unless MaMa approved which she did. Beautiful wife, devoted mother...what's wrong then?
Nothing wrong with her...perhaps he got married for the wrong reasons...

Shocking, simply shocking a man with wealth, fame, etc is in this position...ha ha HA!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #52
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Nothing's "wrong". A lot of in-depth research has been done into why men and women cheat, and there are a myriad of reasons. I suspect the only reason its a big news story is it involved an extremely rich athlete who is a public figure. The same stuff happens on the street you live on, but you hear nothing of it..........

Why did Prince Charles cheat on Diana? Camilla Parker-Bowles? Not like she is a hottie............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Why did Prince Charles cheat on Diana? Camilla Parker-Bowles? Not like she is a hottie............
That's a simple one. Camilla is the love of his life and he was in love with her long before Diana came on the scene. However, he was not allowed to marry her at the time they met so all Diana ever got was second best. The marriage between Charles and Diana was doomed to fail, they never had anything in common besides the 2 children they had.

Shows that looks are not everything, there is a connection between Camilla and Charles that goes beyond the surface.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #54
Give me a forum ...

Here come the lawyers:

Details of Elin Woods' newly-rewritten prenup emerge - Devil Ball Golf - Golf Blog - Yahoo! Sports
Old 12-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #55

IF any lawyer connected with their pre-nup was blabbing details, wouldn't they be in breach of their duty of care to their client to maintain confidentiality?

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #56
Give me a forum ...

Looks like Tiger will keep his artificial marriage for a price. I wonder if he will buy off the news media?
Old 12-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #57
Give me a forum ...

I'm just so disappointed in human nature. Another fallen idol!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #58

If I were in Elin's shoes..shoot! he could cheat on me all he wanted if it would up the prenup amount..ha! That's some nice little payout.
Sounds like this marriage has turned sour long before this got into the public news.
Wonder why he even married her? It isn't like he didn't have his pick of gazillions of women to sleep with.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #59
Give me a forum ...

Whatever happened to romance without prenups? -- Like Paul McCarthy and Heather Mills.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #60
Recycles dryer sheets

If I were in her shoes, I would have gotten the proof and called a good lawyer. Assault is never a solution to your problems and if your spouse steps out on you, just hold your head high and walk away. In her case, with lots of bucks.

I suppose he's just another celebrity who thought he could get away with anything because he's famous and wealthy. Thinks the rules of life don't apply to him.