Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #141
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayne View Post
Let he/she who is without sin, cast the first stone.
In terms of cheating on your wife, I think I can grab a stone.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #142
Administrator

Enough tiger-beating, you heartless people. The Tiger is a true American Success Story and he needs our help. He now faces two different problems

1) His income from endorsements is seriously jeopardized
2) His need for extra cash to pay off women he is having / has had sexual relationships with is growing

We should help – by thinking of endorsement opportunities that would address both of these concerns. I have a couple of ideas

National Spokesman for NASA (national association of sex addicts). “Bringing increased awareness to such a tragic condition.”

Celebrity Spokesman for the NBA (Nevada Brothels Association). “ Not all celebrities are so strongly identified with the products they endorse.

Spokesman for the WCA (World Condom Association). “ Prevents STD and unwanted pregnancies. Believe me – I know!
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #143
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayne View Post
Let he/she who is without sin, cast the first stone.
Truthfully, I really couldn't care less what Tiger did or didn't do. I don't feel he owes me an explanation, I really think this whole mistress thing is between him and his wife. Also if she decides to stay, it's not my business to call her a fool or any other name, only Tiger and Ellin know the dynamics of their relationship and if they want to save it. I never spent a moment of my day thinking about Tiger and what a good person he was before these incidents and once the media moves onto something else I am sure I won't be spending another moment of my future days thinking about Tiger and his actions.

The problem is the general public put sports stars on pedestals and set them impossibly high standards to live up to. When they prove they are human, people seem shocked and outraged. You know if we were talking about John Daly doing these things we would all have a smile on our face and thinking there he goes again.

I think the media are enjoying immensely this opportunity to bring Tiger down a peg or two, as from what I read he was not the nicest person to deal with, so I guess they see this as a chance for revenge.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #144
Give me a forum ...

Here you go.....a repackaged John Daly going to step in for Tiger as golf's new idol for 2010.

John Daly is slimmed down and fired up for Hollywood - Devil Ball Golf - Golf Blog - Yahoo! Sports
Old 12-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #145
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
In terms of cheating on your wife, I think I can grab a stone.
Whoa, Ziggy- enough talk about grabbing your stones!
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #146
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Enough tiger-beating, you heartless people. The Tiger is a true American Success Story and he needs our help. He now faces two different problems

1) His income from endorsements is seriously jeopardized
2) His need for extra cash to pay off women he is having / has had sexual relationships with is growing
I think Mr. Woods is in need of a Bailout! Anybody know of any TARP funds that can be raided to provide Tiger with a couple billion bucks? In these difficult economic times, even the best of us could use a helping hand.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #147
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
I think Mr. Woods is in need of a Bailout! Anybody know of any TARP funds that can be raided to provide Tiger with a couple billion bucks? In these difficult economic times, even the best of us could use a helping hand.
A couple? I'd think one would be sufficient.

I agree his personal life is his own to deal with, but he is also a business, and that part is subject to public scrutiny. Much of his business value is the result of an image that now appears to be in question.

Some people simply cannot maintain monogamous relationships.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #148
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
A couple? I'd think one would be sufficient.

I agree his personal life is his own to deal with, but he is also a business, and that part is subject to public scrutiny. Much of his business value is the result of an image that now appears to be in question.

Some people simply cannot maintain monogamous relationships.
To summarize, I agree - 1 billion seems fair. And I'd suggest the pay czar step up and regulate what he actually receives in spending money. I mean I'm all for helping out those in need, but we need to have some accountability for what our tax dollars would be supporting. We don't want him going crazy with his money - we've seen where (or to whom) that has led him.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #149
Give me a forum ...

Many ads involving Tiger have been pulled, and at least Gatorade seems to have dropped him.

I have yet to understand, why do people buy stuff with some celebrity's face next to it? Are they that brainwashed, that unable to see the lack of improvement in the gizmo with some sports figure's name?

Or is this just normal delusion of crowds?

Likewise I have never known a car run better because some underdressed bimbo is standing next to it in the sales photo. Nor did the so called Corinthian leather improve Chrysler, in spite of Ricardo's oral ejaculations.

Me thinks it is one of those logic fallacies, appeal to (false) authority.

So is Tiger up to a bakers' dozen yet?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #150

Since I definitely can throw stones myself I can talk about this: Tiger is up to 11 now according to an article I just read, but 11 is iffy and has not been confirmed as yet. I'm glad Tiger has found a way to "relax" himself after a hard day on the green...snicker!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #151
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
To summarize, I agree - 1 billion seems fair. And I'd suggest the pay czar step up and regulate what he actually receives in spending money. I mean I'm all for helping out those in need, but we need to have some accountability for what our tax dollars would be supporting. We don't want him going crazy with his money - we've seen where (or to whom) that has led him.

I would say, though, that based on the reports so far, he is much more careful with his money. No hookers in the price league ala Eliot Spitzer, Jack Nicholson or Charlie Sheen.

someecards - a free ecards web site with some really different user generated cards - has a couple of funny Tiger themed cards.

May you experience the same unbridled joy this holiday season as the retailers Tiger Woods chooses for his wife's Christmas presents | Free Christmas Season Ecards, Christmas Season Cards, Christmas Season Greeting Cards, Funny Christmas Season Ecard

I wish Sarah Palin was as silent as Tiger Woods | Free Christmas Season Ecards, Christmas Season Cards, Christmas Season Greeting Cards, Funny Christmas Season Ecards at someecards.com
Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #152
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
Since I definitely can throw stones myself I can talk about this: Tiger is up to 11 now according to an article I just read, but 11 is iffy and has not been confirmed as yet. I'm glad Tiger has found a way to "relax" himself after a hard day on the green...snicker!

Maybe one of our law enforcement types can confirm that when someone confesses to committing "x", the actual total is usually something like "4X"??

Sad, anyway you look at it especially for his wife and kids-Tiger will probably weather the storm OK; I heard he is getting advice on how to handle this from Bill Clinton...
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #153

OMG, one of his women has given an interview to Extra saying he called her 5 days in a row asking to see her when she broke it off. This will kill Elin. Boy! I feel sorry for her these days.

This is a doozy interview:

Videos: News, Sports, Entertainment, Technology & More - USATODAY.com
Old 12-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #154
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Quote:
Meanwhile The Sun today revealed that Woods is ready to quit golf in a desperate bid to save his shattered marriage.
He told Elin he "will do anything". And she has agreed to stay with the star for the sake of their two young children.
But she has given him the stark ultimatum: "It's golf... or me."
Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2767377/Wifes-quit-call-to-Tiger-Woods.html#ixzz0ZPfv1XQK

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #155

Wow! Tiger's sorry to the tune of $100Mil for Elie now...that's REALLY paying retail for "sorry" in my book.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:14 AM   #156
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
Wow! Tiger's sorry to the tune of $100Mil for Elie now...that's REALLY paying retail for "sorry" in my book.
I would take the money and leave his sorry a$$ behind. The Golf Channel is broadcasting his announced hiatus from golf as though it's something on par with the Cuban missile crisis. Lord....I love golf but come on. Can you imagine if he sits out a year or so and then comes back?
Old 12-12-2009, 07:27 AM   #157

Even if all 11 mistresses were really Tiger's mistresses, and if the real figure is 4x that, Tiger would still be in the Continental Basketball League of sexual conquests when compared to other sports celebrities.
BunsGettingFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #158

Quote:
He is held to a higher standard than most, whether fair or not.
I really don't care what Tiger does or doesn't do. If anything I wish the media would give some of this time and attention to real news. But I don't understand this comment about standards. He's a married guy, so there's a pretty well established standard that doesn't include having an affair, or 9 or 12 or whatever it ends up.

As a public figure with endorsements who makes a significant part of his income as a role model it seems reasonable to expect this kind of scrutiny, but enough already. Next.
growing_older is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #159
Full time employment: Posting here.

Awww, cut the guy some slack. He's a 33 year old billionaire. Name one billionaire that doesn't have a slew of mistresses.

Anyway, this is funny.

Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #160

Looks like The End:

Tiger Woods' wife has called in lawyers to divide property; no wedding ring on Elin Woods' finger