Time - Is Al Gore the Answer?

Wags

Full time employment: Posting here.
There is an interesting article by Mr. Joe Klein in TIME - Is Al Gore the Answer?

Is Al Gore the Answer? - TIME

With the mud slinging and the general self destruction of the Democrats from within (in which Bill and Hillary attempt to steal the nomination) I guess the GREAT AL GORE just might be the answer.

The Nobel Peace Prize winner of Global Warming fame the GREAT AL GORE appears do be the only one who might be able to save the Democrats from themselves. The only other persons who might be able to save the democratic party if it self destructs are Mr. Colin Powell or Mr. Kinky Friedman from the GREAT STATE of TEXAS.

GREAT Article.

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

I want a moderate. Not someone too left or too right. I know wishful thinking.

i think both hillary and barack are WAY more interesting and gutsy than Al.

I thought maybe the few years off the trail would give him some dimension. But about a year or less ago - he was on tv a lot for something and people kept asking him about his views on the war or something else and he refused to give any idea of what he thought about it - and was so inarticulate in his response.

i'll hit the snooze button if he goes in the game.

I thought maybe the few years off the trail would give him some dimension. But about a year or less ago - he was on tv a lot for something and people kept asking him about his views on the war or something else and he refused to give any idea of what he thought about it - and was so inarticulate in his response.

i'll hit the snooze button if he goes in the game.

I saw Al Gore on the Donny Deutsch show a few months ago and was much more impressed with him than I had been when he was in politics. It seemed to me that his time spent in the private sector has made him much more aware of how the economy (especially the private sector) works to solve problems.

If Al Gore is the answer, what was the question? :rolleyes: :2funny:

If Al Gore is the answer, what was the question? :rolleyes: :2funny:

O0 Why not John Kerry why you are at it....I thought he showed great calm during the "dont taser me bro speech"....I still think Hillary/obama have shown more political acumen than the long list of democrat wanabees...here is an example of why they put this ridiculous nominating process in place where the superdelegates get to nominate your guy/gal anyway right...

Attachments

• dukakis.jpg
    dukakis.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 8
O0 Why not John Kerry why you are at it....I thought he showed great calm during the "dont taser me bro speech"....I still think Hillary/obama have shown more political acumen than the long list of democrat wanabees...here is an example of why they put this ridiculous nominating process in place where the superdelegates get to nominate your guy/gal anyway right...

Nice picture.

Is that Old George W on the tank?

For a guy who refused to go to Vietnam to fight when he had a chance to the poor devil sure does like to take pictures in flight suits on navy ships (Mission Accomplished), with tanks and with our fighting men and women.

missed again. i was certain the question was going to have something to do with food.

There is an interesting article by Mr. Joe Klein in TIME - Is Al Gore the Answer?

Is Al Gore the Answer? - TIME

With the mud slinging and the general self destruction of the Democrats from within (in which Bill and Hillary attempt to steal the nomination) I guess the GREAT AL GORE just might be the answer.

The Nobel Peace Prize winner of Global Warming fame the GREAT AL GORE appears do be the only one who might be able to save the Democrats from themselves. The only other persons who might be able to save the democratic party if it self destructs are Mr. Colin Powell or Mr. Kinky Friedman from the GREAT STATE of TEXAS.

GREAT Article.

He Lost his home state of Tennesse back in 2000. Sorry a loser.

I saw the title but didn't read the thread this morning. I had visions of lots of people agree with the Time guy. My faith in the forum wisdom is restored.

Of all the the likely Democrats nominees I've seen over the last 20 years he is the only guy, that I've halfway seriously given thought to leaving the country if he gets elected.

It is so much his policy, (not they I like them). Polticial commentary Jeff Greenfield described it perfectly right before the 2000 election.

"Americans are try to decide which scares them least, the thought of having George W Bush in the White House, or the thought of having Al Gore in their living room".

Ya, I've heard the guy actually can pass for being human since he left politics, but most Sci Robots are more lifelike.

I saw the title but didn't read the thread this morning. I had visions of lots of people agree with the Time guy. My faith in the forum wisdom is restored.

Of all the the likely Democrats nominees I've seen over the last 20 years he is the only guy, that I've halfway seriously given thought to leaving the country if he gets elected.

It is so much his policy, (not they I like them). Polticial commentary Jeff Greenfield described it perfectly right before the 2000 election.

"Americans are try to decide which scares them least, the thought of having George W Bush in the White House, or the thought of having Al Gore in their living room".

Ya, I've heard the guy actually can pass for being human since he left politics, but most Sci Robots are more lifelike.

Newguy you are right the poor devil lost his home state of Tennessee and thus he might not be the ANSWER.

Clipf, since you brought up the election of 2000 I remember that time in history when the U.S Supreme Court overturned the will of the people and gave the election to Old George W.

I also remember how a couple of my friends and I went down to a Honky Tonk and requested a song by Mr. David Frizzell - I'm Gonna Hire a Wino to Decorate Our Home.

YouTube - David Frizzell - I'm Gonna Hire a Wino to Decorate Our Home

With that being said the last 7 plus years have held true to that song by Mr. David Frizzel, with Old George W's handling of the Iraq War & the War on Terror, his failed foreign policies, the lack of a proper response to Hurricane Katrina and it's aftermath (people still living in trailers & billions of $$$ unaccounted for), the handling of the Economy and of course his insistence on keeping Brownie, Gonzo and Rummy on the people's payroll even after they appeared to be incompetent.

Is that Old George W in the picture with the tank?

I think you all should reconsider Al Gore as it is he who invented this internet that allows us to connec.... and don't forget that he has that little "lockbox"....maybe Al Gore for pres....and Ron Paul for vice....they are a perfect fit....Al can bring the lockbox and Ron Paul can bring some gold to put into it.

Seems to me Al "Got Gored" the last time he ran for office... why would he step into the fray today?

Besides, he is probably enjoying his Global Climate Change crusade.

Seems to me Al "Got Gored" the last time he ran for office... why would he step into the fray today?

Besides, he is probably enjoying his Global Climate Change crusade.

You are right Gore got gored last time and he is probably enjoying himself way too much with the Global Climate issue, thus he would not step into a fray.

What do you think of the following potential Democratic, Republican and 3rd party tickets for the office of President?

Dems - Obama and Bloomberg
Dems - Obama and Powell
Dems - Hillary and Bill
Dems - Hillary and Edwards

Reps - McCain and Huckabee
Reps - McCain and Jeb Bush

3rd Party - Ventura and Nader
3rd Party - Bloomberg and Perot

GOD HELP US ALL:angel:

The GREAT Al Gore will be way too busy doing the people's work thus he might not run for the office of the President.

MSNBC article - Gore unveils $300 million warming campaign - Former vice president calls for U.S. to reduce greenhouse emissions

Gore bets $300 million on climate pitch - Climate Change - MSNBC.com

The Nobel Peace Prize gives Gore the platform necessary for him to continue the people's work on Global Climate issues. :D

Back
Top Bottom