Time to Go Get Yourself a Buick.........

Very interesting as it is the three year mark and not the 90 days that they used to advertise...

Maybe I will be buying another GM....

I ve been checking out the new Buick Enclave SUV. While at the Buick store today, I was surprised that sticker for the full size Buick Lucerne CXL is a touch over 30k...........I was expecting it to be more (tho Im sure they could add another 10k in options.)

after the electra convertible mom got the last year made buick wildcat convertible with a 455-cu inch v8 engine producing 370 hp. that became my high school car. what a great car. we used to drive up and down the strip during spring break picking up hitchhikers and basically providing a top down trolly service along the beach. fun fun fun.

img_545233_0_2252ec7b075e00b1d589c48d3b8afbb8.jpg

Lazy, I could go into debt for that car!
Gawd, just look at it! Those panels go on forever!
You were a seriously lucky dog to have that in high school!
I had a old Buick Estate wagon I bought for $1500, kept for 2 trouble free years, and then sold for $500. Great car to ride the dogs around in--we called it "the getter".
Sarah

What I want to know is do Buicks still have those cool portholes on the front body panels?

3 of them for Super, 4 for Roadmaster! And Dynaflow- it might take 15 minutes to get to the next light, but dammit you got there smoothly!

If you ever wanted to actually get anywhere you had to go with a Caddy or Olds.

Ha

Hmm...on driving past the ford dealer today they were sporting a huge billboard proclaiming that they now led all automotive manufacturers in reliability.

I think you know what I muttered "Dont ****ing think so..."

Hmm...on driving past the ford dealer today they were sporting a huge billboard proclaiming that they now led all automotive manufacturers in reliability.

That reliability study was measured against new Hondas anf Toyotas WITHOUT the battery in.............:D

Or, as my dad used to say:

FORD stand for Fix Or Repair Daily

FD, is that you? Is there a domestic car in your future?

Maybe in 6-8 years...........:)

Hey I bought 5 new GM cars in the last 23 years, I could buy ONE in the NEXT 23 years..........:D

My car hasn't needed the slightest repair in 7 years. Maybe someone can guess whether it is a Ford or not. (Not? Bingo! Give the lucky lady/gent a silver dollar!)

Think I'll stick with my Solara... Maybe Ford is looking for that fool born every minute.

In taking a stab at why this might be a false positive, i've found that a lot of long time american car owners dont consider having to reattach a wheel to be a major repair. Hey, it happens!

I'm guessing most buick owners have been long time buick owners. No contrast. Hence the reason why they stick out compared to nearly identical GM counterparts.

Factory Ordered Road Disaster.

Freaking Only Rolls Downhill.

Failure Of Research and Development.

i'd take all that ford stuff personally but instead i think i'll just put the top down, my smile up, rev the gt and cut off a few imported suvs today. how's that hot coffee feel in your lap?

In taking a stab at why this might be a false positive, i've found that a lot of long time american car owners dont consider having to reattach a wheel to be a major repair. Hey, it happens!

I think that's true. My sister bought a Jeep in the '80s that had no fluid in the front transaxle. It locked up at 60 MPH and swerved into a guardrail while she was driving it. She had it towed to the dealer, and, as she put it, "They fixed it for free!"

Mike D.

Drove a Buick up from SoCal with a trunkload of booze a week or two ago. It was much like a car. For a car i have low standards: gets me there. Some rides have soul. Datsun SPL1600. BMW 533i. 1965 VW Bus. Rides like that aren't required (or expected) to get you there without an adventure along the way. The adventure may require getting greasy or involve going agricultural. But it's an adventure, not a breakdown.

BTW: after paying Cal tax i figure i saved $170 on the booze vs buying over the next year here in Oregon. LWBYM. Not drinking is cheaper, but one makes one's choices.

In Ford's defense, I've owned six. Total number of years ownership, 22. Three of the cars were very used when they were purchased. The three very used ones had well over 250,000 miles on them. All six ran without any problems, at all. Out of all six of them I've had to replace one bushing and had one recall. The longest I've owed an individual Ford has been six years and only sold most because life made them no longer practical. I had to sell a Ranger when my son arrived. I sold my F-150 when I received a company car and there was no room to store it, and I really didn't have a need for the large truck any longer. I still own my Explorer and it isn't expected to be replaced before 2011. Two of the very used ones were sold when I moved across country and didn't have enough drivers to drive them, our second car, and the moving van.

I wouldn't drive another GM, if you gave it to me. I've owned five with a total number of years of ownership being 12 years. Everyone I've owned has had to be fixed almost monthly. The brand new one was taken in quarterly to repair a list of warranty related items. The longest I've owned any GM has been three years, only because I grew tired of fixing them.

Don't get me wrong, I think Toyotas and Hondas are good cars, but I've had no problems with the Fords I've owned, so I don't see a reason to change brands.

Many of these cars were purchased, before it first hit me that if I lived below my means I might be able to retire early.

OK... let's go to the other side of FORD...

Cars and trucks breaking into flames because they did NOT fix the cruise control unit... and it was recalled a couple of years ago...

I had an 85 Cougar that was a POC... the company KNEW why it would STALL while driving... but did not tell anybody until they were sued since they did not want to do a recall... I spent money on trying to 'fix' it, but all the money was flushed down the toilet since it was not the problem....

I also work where we had a mini fleet of cars... they bought Taurus... almost ALL of them had to have a transmission replace before 100K... it was a joke when they decided to get rid of the fleet and offered them to the employees... everybody was asking had the transmission been replaced yet??

OK... let's go to the other side of FORD...

Cars and trucks breaking into flames because they did NOT fix the cruise control unit... and it was recalled a couple of years ago...

I had an 85 Cougar that was a POC... the company KNEW why it would STALL while driving... but did not tell anybody until they were sued since they did not want to do a recall... I spent money on trying to 'fix' it, but all the money was flushed down the toilet since it was not the problem....

I also work where we had a mini fleet of cars... they bought Taurus... almost ALL of them had to have a transmission replace before 100K... it was a joke when they decided to get rid of the fleet and offered them to the employees... everybody was asking had the transmission been replaced yet??

If you want to go tit-for-tat you can point out errors and problems about most of the car manufacturers. Toyotas, Hondas, and Datsuns were crap when they first got here, but they were economical and cheap so people bought them and they improved. There are also issues with many of their current models. When the American manufacturers realized they were in trouble (a little late if you ask me) they started working to improve their quality. I don't think any of the manufacturers make a perfect product, but none make nothing but lemons.

I think it must be some type of reporting bias. How could Buicks be significantly better than their Chevy stablemates? They are designed by the same folks, share the same chassis and major components. Their parts come from the same companies. Only the nameplates, upholstery, and awful stick-on gee-gawks are different between brands.

Back
Top Bottom