Join Early Retirement Today

Tip of the hat to JJ Watt and all that donated
Old 08-27-2018, 06:09 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Tip of the hat to JJ Watt and all that donated

This is the anniversary of Hurricane Harvey and JJ Watt announced where the donations he accumulated in his charity are going to .
41 million dollars quite a bit for donations , I know people who are very thankful for what JJ did .

This was the worse flood in US History

God bless JJ and Texas !
Breedlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2018, 08:47 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Very impressive. An exemplary use of his celebrity. A good role model for others to follow.
Plantman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #3

Yes JJ Watt is a good kid , he thought he would only get 300K . But money kept coming in . So many people stepped up Mattress Mac is still giving out furniture to needy flood victims . I know it has been a year but we still have some neighborhoods that are being rebuilt .
Old 08-28-2018, 09:53 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breedlove View Post
Yes JJ Watt is a good kid , he thought he would only get 300K . But money kept coming in . So many people stepped up Mattress Mac is still giving out furniture to needy flood victims . I know it has been a year but we still have some neighborhoods that are being rebuilt .
Rockport could use some help
Old 08-29-2018, 09:06 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Both have made a lot of money on their "celebrity status" in the Houston area. But both are using their status to do good in the area too. I met Mac about 20 years ago at his store on the north fwy in Houston. He's just a hard working "good old boy" that made it big.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

When all is said and done, he may even be more known for his Hurricane Harvey charity work than football playing.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:03 PM   #7

Mac is an interesting character I remember when he was selling furniture under tents on 45 . I have a friend that works for Mac , he works incredible hours but loves his job. I asked him if the hours get him down , he looked at me like I was crazy . He asked me if my company ever paid for me and my family to go on a vacation to Disneyland , he asked me how many Super bowls my company paid for . how many NASCAR races , on and on . When you work for Mac you work like Mac but it pays off.

I seen a thing where MAC got furniture for one of the downtown hospitals lobby but got the wrong type . It did not meet the code , he picked it up and got the right stuff. All donated , he is tough but a wonderful man for Houston
Old 08-29-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
When you work for Mac you work like Mac but it pays off.

guys works all the time - about 40 years ago, he came down to houston from dallas with nothing but 5K and a few suitcases