Join Early Retirement Today

Today at the Farmers Market
Old 06-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Today at the Farmers Market

Picasa Web Albums - critter - 2009_06_24 Fa...
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2009, 05:46 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'll take the pies. I'm off Wed weigh ins anyway.
Nice pics
Old 06-25-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Nice pics

Love the farmer's markets! One of the reasons I enjoy summers here so much. Very reasonable, lovely goods and friendly folks. I making the short drive up to Johnstown, PA next month for the VegFest and looking forward to the food and the speakers. I am not a vegetarian but I am trying to eat less meat(and when I do I try to make it locally raised).
WhoDaresWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:32 AM   #4

Cool. I don't remember Farmer's Markets when I was a kid at all. Seems to me that this event made some type of resurgence in many areas of the country or am I wrong? Someone correct me on this, please.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
Cool. I don't remember Farmer's Markets when I was a kid at all. Seems to me that this event made some type of resurgence in many areas of the country or am I wrong? Someone correct me on this, please.
I don't remember any either. I grew up in a small town in Nebraska. My parents had "home delivery" of sweet corn every week from a local farmer. I remember the "egg lady" also making home deliveries. Also, we always visited the local orchards to pick apples and peaches. But, no farmers markets like today.
happy2bretired is offline   Reply With Quote