Tony Bennett on PBS

Buckeye

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm watching the show on PBS which documents the making of Tony Bennett's Duet CD (which I downloaded on iTunes). Tony Bennett is the best example of why some people never quit working (and shouldn't). He loves what he is doing and he is a master. It's amazing to watch him with the "younger" singers like Paul McCartney, Billy Joel, Stevie Wonder, Bono, Sting, KD Lang, Celine Dion, James Taylor, Barbara Streisand, etc. It comes so easy to him. Not bad for 80 years old.

I think you are correct... artists love their craft. Who would not like accolades of fans? TB has style. I cannot say I am a big fan (different era), but I think he has his act down. Plus anyone that is lucky enough to be performing at 80.... more pwer to him.

Bennett is the exception to the rule. Even at 80, he is one cool cat that deserves to keep working being an artist. Here's a sample of his duets

I've read his autobiography "The Good Life" and I've been to his concerts recently. Even at his age, he still delivers a solid performance. Oh, and his drummer Clayton Cameron is spectacular!

Painting, singing, and playing an instrument is not work. If you think it is, you shouldn't be doing any of them in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom