Too big to fail on HBO

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anybody catch this special on HBO last week. I thought it was well done and the actors portrayed their characters pretty good. No doubt some of it was embellished but I do think it shows the layman just how precarious our financial system really is.

Yes, I enjoyed it. What I thought while watching it was this could be any average mega corporation trying to handle a pressing problem, and yet what they were actually trying to handle was something that ultimately would effect the world.

Good thing I did a search before starting a new thread.

I have free HBO for a few days and this movie was on so I recorded it and watched it today. Hated it. I couldn't follow the inside deals and language, if I wasn't aware of the plot I may well have not known that really! I was disappointed as I hoped to learn something but was just disappointed.

The titles of who the actors portrayed may have be sufficient on a movie screen but on a 27" TV they were mostly hard to impossible to read. Would it have hurt to make them large enough to read even if they were 5' tall on a big screen. Plus whenever there are subtitles they should put them into a black box and use white letters, somehow trying to read white letters on a light background strike me as just lazy/stupid and when they are 5/16" tall well why bother?

Back
Top Bottom