Top TV Theme Songs

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
TV's top theme songs: Did your favorite make the list? - WTOP.com

Based on a poll of Rolling Stone readers, here's the top 10. Videos in the linked article above.

10. The Golden Girls
9. Sanford and Sons
8. Miami Vice
7. That 70s Show
6. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
5. The Sopranos
4. Friends
3. M*A*S*H
2. Hawaii Five-0
1. Cheers

How about Dallas, Bonanza, The Virginian, The Big Valley, etc, etc, etc?

How about Dallas, Bonanza, The Virginian, The Big Valley, etc, etc, etc?

I'd bet those are up there. Rolling Stone only listed the top ten.

What about "Secret Agent Man" from the old Patrick McGoohan spy series?

Secret Agent Man -- great song. We played than in my rock band.

Others: Bonanza , I dream of Jeannie, it's about time, bob Newhart theme, green acres.

I like these from the posts: Funeral March of a Marionette, Secret Agent Man, Rawhide, Bonanza

But Mission Impossible has to be up there, IMO

-ERD50

Something a little different -- William F. Buckley's Firing Line theme:
J.S. Bach: Brandenburg Concerto #2 In F, BWV 1047 (complete corrected) WINSCHERMANN - YouTube
Helmut Winschermann conducting The German Bach Soloists. Soloists featured are Walter van Heuwe, recorder; Gunther Zorn, Oboe; Ernst mayer-Schierning, violin; Wolfgang Basch, trumpet
This piece served as the theme song for William F. Buckley, Jr.'s Firing Line. It was also chosen as the first to be played on the "golden record", a phonograph record containing a broad sample of Earth's common sounds, languages, and music sent into outer space with the two Voyager probes.

Thought you would get a kick out of those. How about The Beverley Hillbillies?

Love it. But hey Johnnie36, how about the Twilight Zone??;)

Perry Mason, Rawhide, The Fugitive, Lassie, "The Fishing Hole" (Andy Griffith), Bonanza, Ironside, I Love Lucy--are among MY faves.

Everytime I hear the Hawaii 5-O theme I get up and do a go-go dance.

I can still sing the Patty Duke Show theme song ("But they're cousins! Identical cousins!") and the Flintstones.

Perry Mason, Rawhide, The Fugitive, Lassie, "The Fishing Hole" (Andy Griffith), Bonanza, Ironside, I Love Lucy--are among MY faves.
Here's one:
Uploaded by Nocaro on May 31, 2010
Most people have never heard of Fred Steiner, but most would recognize one of the most famous themes ever composed for a television show that for "Perry Mason". The show starring Raymond Burr as the famous attorney based on a character created by Erle Stanley Gardner ran from 1957 to 1966, and every episode began with Fred's theme which actually had a title, "Park Avenue Beat". He also composed for several other tv programs including the original "Star Trek" series.
Fred Steiner - Perry Mason Theme (Park Avenue Beat) - YouTube

Oh come on! Everyone knows the words to the Gilligan's Island and the Beverly Hillbillies themes! They've got to be in the top ten.:)

Oh come on! Everyone knows the words to the Gilligan's Island and the Beverly Hillbillies themes! They've got to be in the top ten.:)

and Green Acres too!

Rather obscure, I know, but as a 12 or 13 year old, this music (and the TV show it came from) always gave me goose flesh - still does.

Music From One Step Beyond - "Weird" - YouTube

A couple of asides:

The album (see cover) was released on an aluminum disc (the show was produced for Alcoa). Also interesting, was one departure from the TV show's usual dramatic recreation of psychic events to a "documentary" about "shrooms" ("magic" mushrooms or "sacred" mushrooms). Circa 1960, this was way ahead of its time. (heh, heh, YMMV)

Now returning you to our topic.

Back
Top Bottom