Toxic workplace and One More Month Syndrome

His answer to me thinking about leaving was that I shouldn't. I asked him why? He said you're making good money. I said but I have enough. His answer - you can always have more security. His answer was sincerely what he believes based on his past.

Interesting in that I had almost the same conversation with my father some time ago, with pretty much the same result. Even though he himself had retired early. Maybe it's a dad thing, wanting to make sure kids, even adult kids, won't run out of money.

Interesting in that I had almost the same conversation with my father some time ago, with pretty much the same result. Even though he himself had retired early. Maybe it's a dad thing, wanting to make sure kids, even adult kids, won't run out of money.

That's interesting. My father retired at 62, a little less than FRA. Was happy to get out. And he did it with *way* less savings than I have. In fact, even tho I told him I have enough savings to retire he doesn't know the exact amount. I think the amount would surprise him very much.

Francis

Francis, I will bet money that after you quit you will kick yourself for not quitting sooner.

The water is great, come on it!:dance:

Back
Top Bottom