Trailcam fun

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Have enjoyed a couple of trailcams in back yard over the last year. We live in a developed area that has multiple golf courses and a lot of green belt area. Our green belt starts about 15 yards from our back fence line. Over last few months we have videos of a lot of critters passing through, including...
too many deer to count
racoons
skunk
armadillo
oppossum
cotton rat
gray fox
coyotes
ferrel cats
rabbits

attached (hopefully) are a couple of videos.. fox from last night and coons from awhile ago. Have enjoyed reading about each of our visitors on Wikipedia. Lots of interesting info. Lots of models of trailcams in all price ranges are available.

Last one of our celebrity doe... she's been wearing this trash can lid from the golf course for the last 1 1/2 years. Does just fine.. has had 2 sets of twins. As long as she's not in distress the Game Warden will not intervene and says the stress of tranquilizing her would be far worse than letting her keep her bling. She's one of about 600 deer in our development of 7300 homes.

Is it just me? I can't get them to display "unknown error".

hmmmm... I uploaded via the video option on the advanced dashboard. The look and play fine on my mac. Haven't looked at Ipad or other device.

I get about 1 second of video then something about an ad that will close in 10..9..8 seconds, then nothing.

I have a trail cam in my backyard too. I live above a nature preserve with a gorge, and get a lot of good stuff, including bears and bobcats.

hmmmm... I uploaded via the video option on the advanced dashboard. The look and play fine on my mac. Haven't looked at Ipad or other device.
I'm on android. I'll try on windows.

Have enjoyed a couple of trailcams in back yard over the last year. We live in a developed area that has multiple golf courses and a lot of green belt area. Our green belt starts about 15 yards from our back fence line. Over last few months we have videos of a lot of critters passing through, including...

Well you got my hopes up, as I was expecting to see videos of people doing stupid, embarrassing things.

They showed up fine on my machine - firefox on linux.

Well, this is what I see on my iPad.

Attachments

• 02BCB9B9-8AFE-4F5E-946E-8EDB1FF2A644.jpg
    02BCB9B9-8AFE-4F5E-946E-8EDB1FF2A644.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 20
FYI, I'm running mac OS. My ipad, and Macbook with Safari had the same issue as described. Tried Chrome, same problem. Tried FireFox, and the video plays.

There are some great trail cam videos on youtube.com. It requires quite a lot of patience including leaving a camera in position for more than month or two and maybe chumming the edges of a water hole.

See the squeaky alligator around minute 23:00.

Last edited:
Browning makes nice cameras. I’ve got a few. Never had an alligator walk by one. Very nice.
IMG_1089.jpg

Back
Top Bottom