Trash or treasure?

Those three spoons should fit perfectly in a priority flat rate small box. Depending on the cost you will need either the small green form or the larger form for customs .
Congratulations ,you did well for being a new seller .
Thanks! It seems easier to use the flat-rate box because it's only another $1.50 for the convenience of being able to do all the paperwork over the USPS website. I'll know in a few more days if it really worked. Our mail carrier seemed happy, anyway.

I thought it'd be a challenge to sell off all the inventory without visiting the post office. The only challenging part was estimating total shipping weights, and I was able to do that during one visit to their automated kiosk. If I had a postal scale then I'd never visit the post office.

I got a big "Congratulations!!" [-]spam[/-] e-mail from eBay for "becoming an international seller". They must be really desperate for the business.

I felt obligated to welcome the German buyer despite my "U.S. only" caveat on the listings. (Hey, he did buy three of them. I guess he figures he might as well ignore the restrictions and see if his payment is accepted.) When I was buying solar panels over eBay I encountered quite a few geography-challenged sellers whose auctions would say "U.S. only". I'd win the auction (or "Buy It Now"), send along my payment, and get quite a bit of hostile "Hey, read my listing, U.S. only!!" It was usually futile to educate them about Hawaii. They'd eventually cooperate to avoid having to deal with eBay's problem-resolution process.

I had a huge "aha!" moment at Goodwill, where aloha shirts are only $4.99-$6.99 each. Most of eBay's completed auctions went for $10-$20 each.

The only challenging part was estimating total shipping weights, and I was able to do that during one visit to their automated kiosk. If I had a postal scale then I'd never visit the post office.

Several years ago, I purchased a 10# scale from USPS. I use in mostly in the kitchen but it is pretty handy for postage. I tried the USPS website and couldn't quickly find it but it is available here:

USPS Digital Postage Scale, New $15.00 in Indiana - Free Indiana Classified Ads

I bought a cheap digital scale on ebay that I use for my items . It works great so all I have to do is print the postage and go . I sell to US & Canada but I have a few regulars from Singapore that I do ship to . International sellers can be a pain because it takes a long time for the items to arrive . I shipped pants to the United Arab Emirates and they took three weeks going priority . If you print the shipping for Germany make a three copies because they need them for various custom stops . Also write down the custom number that is how the item can be traced .

I've threatened to put dh2b on the corner with a cup of pencils whenever he wants to buy some techno-toy that is way outside of our budget. :whistle:

Hmmmm...maybe not such a good idea after all (Women Be Wise music is still playing in my head). ;)

Remember, he is "darling husband TO BE"............he can bail if he wants, so be careful........;)

I bought a cheap digital scale on ebay that I use for my items . It works great so all I have to do is print the postage and go .
I have a nasty habit of acquiring gadgets like this and then covering every horizontal surface on my desk with them. I think that's why I've been holding back.

If you print the shipping for Germany make a three copies because they need them for various custom stops . Also write down the custom number that is how the item can be traced .
Ruh-roh. I have the online receipt from the shipping label but I just taped the shipping label (which included the customs declaration) to the box. I didn't put any copies on the box. Anyone wanting copies is going to have to slap the box down on the copy machine.

Can't wait to see what comes back in the mail over the next few days.

I had a huge "aha!" moment at Goodwill, where aloha shirts are only $4.99-$6.99 each. Most of eBay's completed auctions went for $10-$20 each.

Just saying - fabric is the easiest to ship - no worries on breakage, we bought a roll of super light-weight desk trashcan liners, stuffed the fabric item in the bag to give a bit of protection from moisture, and used the free priority mail boxes - no need for any other shipping material. Bet you could generate a few quick thousand/year if you felt like it. Would also become expert on most highly desired brands and such and end up with some amazing shirts for yourself...

Bet you could generate a few quick thousand/year if you felt like it. Would also become expert on most highly desired brands and such and end up with some amazing shirts for yourself...
When I explained this concept to my [-]kid[/-] prospective partner, her reaction was "And where would you ever have to wear an aloha shirt?!?"

One or more of us family Nords is at Goodwill every week or two, so this would fit right into our routine. And it's practically free money, too, but for what? Charity? I'm going to have to think about this a little more and then start another thread on "turning it off when it no longer serves a purpose".

Back
Top Bottom