After finishing the blog
, here are some comments about using Blogspot.com (aka blogspot.com):
1. There's no way (that I know of) to work on your blog offline and then just upload everything with a click of the mouse. That feature would be very nice in a situation in which you never know where your next wifi is coming from.
If I could have worked on the blog at our campsites, then just stopped at a coffee shop and quickly uploaded my work, I would have been able to keep up with the posts more, and would have spent less time in coffee shops.
The way it worked with blogger, is I'd have to sit in the cafe and upload the photos five at a time (this could be quite slow), then edit in the text. I tried writing the text ahead of time, but that was just more work to get the text and photos interleaved.
In the future I think I'll just have a web page (like on this trip
), which lets me have everything done offline and upload quickly.
2. Photo uploading is cumbersome with blogspot. You can't load pictures right into your narrative, they are always loaded to the top of the page. If you load five photos, they will be loaded in reverse order. The way I'd do it is go to the folder with the photos and load the last five (selecting them in reverse order), then the previous five, etc.
3. The chronological order idea is good, but some people are used to the blog standard, so it's confusing for them.
4. There is a max size to the photos that can be inline with the text.
5. You're on your own for maps.