Trophy Spouse, Companion, or Live Alone

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I donno if some of you have ever thought about this.
If your spouse passed away, would you rather live alone, find
someone to keep you company (like a companion or friend), or since most of you have save $$$$ - enjoy your money with a young Trophy Wife or Trophy Husband ? :dance:

Not sure those are all the choices (one could get married again to a "non-Trophy" spouse). But, I think I'd remain alone for quite some time. And, if I did find someone I wanted to spend most of my time with, I doubt I'd get married again.

someone to keep you company (like a companion or friend), or since most of you have save $$$$ - enjoy your money with a young Trophy Wife or Trophy Husband ?
Well, my wife did pass away, and I was fortunate to meet and marry a younger (5 years) lady. I would not call her a trophy, but from Proverbs 31:10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

someone to keep you company (like a companion or friend), or since most of you have save $$$$ - enjoy your money with a young Trophy Wife or Trophy Husband ? :dance:

This is not something I've ever given consideration to, nor will I now.

I'm planning on getting married again, but not based on looks, based on she loves me.

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life"...

Are you talking about something like when 56 year old Michael Douglas married 30 year old Catherine Zeta Jones?

hopefully I won't ever have to make that decision

Can't help but think about this, because my DW is 13 years older than me. When I get to 60 yrs, she'll be 73 yrs. So she tells me I shouldn't marry but just get a young girlfriend.

If your spouse passed away, would you rather live alone, find someone to keep you company (like a companion or friend), or since most of you have save $$$$ - enjoy your money with a young Trophy Wife or Trophy Husband ?
Having money is not enough to attract a young Trophy Wife or Husband...you have to be willing to SPEND the money on them in generous amounts. I get the impression that most on this board have significant savings but are frugal when it comes to actually spending those savings.

My husband calls me his trophy wife - even though it's a first marriage for both of us. He is 9+ years older than me, though.

I don't mind the nickname.

If your spouse passed away, would you rather live alone, find someone to keep you company (like a companion or friend), or since most of you have save $$$$ - enjoy your money with a young Trophy Wife or Trophy Husband ?

This isn't something I've ever thought of.

I hope it never comes to this, but if it did - clearly I'd be the Trophy.

DW says that, if I'm the 'trophy' then the plaque will read "Nemo2, having been on the planet at that time, was also considered as being in attendance".

In a "trophy wife" marriage, the husband fronting all the money is the trophy. Even though he may be a pita, at least he has money, he knows he has to spend it on her, and god willing he will die before too awfully long.

BTW, this stuff is for sale on an as needed basis, no requirement to enter into a contract.

Ha

I would probably never want to share my home full time with another husband. But I would get more cats.

This is reality for me. I lost my husband to acute myeloid leukemia last November. We knew it was coming- he'd been diagnosed with a precursor disease (polycythemia) 10 years earlier.

Life is good. I know that sounds weird. I loved my husband and we had a wonderful marriage but when you lose a wonderful husband you're forced to make a different life for yourself. I have DS and DDIL and the BEAUTIFUL granddaughters 3 hours away. I have a supportive church community, many outside activities, a house th DH and I chose together that I still love, and money is not a concern.

I'm VERY unlikely to marry again. Too many financial and legal complications, especially if he can't fund his own long-term care. Can't imagine cohabitating right now. It would take a heck of a man to make me want to give up my independence. Trophy husband? Ha. My first marriage was to a man with exquisite tastes but not enough money to buy everything he wanted. Not doing that again. It would threaten my own financial security.

So, I'm choosing "companion" but I'm going to be very picky. I want someone who's smart, trustworthy, financially solvent, sane, funny, and still interested in a healthy sexual relationship- all of which describes me, too. I'm "only" 64 and not ready for celibacy. I can dream, can't I?

someone to keep you company (like a companion or friend), or since most of you have save $$$$ - enjoy your money with a [-]young Trophy Wife or Trophy Husband [/-] bimbo/pool boy, or remarry/long term relationship? :dance:

FIFY ;)

Every good spouse is a "trophy":)

In the 3+ years since DW died, I've done 1 and 2, decided 3 was the worst possible thing for me, and settled on 4 as the best option. One of the funniest things DW said toward the end was "don't spend it all at hair and nail salons" :)

athena, very sorry for your loss. I do not remember hearing about that back when it happened if you talked about it then.

athena, very sorry for your loss. I do not remember hearing about that back when it happened if you talked about it then.

Thanks- I bring it up when it's relevant. I remember we had a long discussion on dating awhile back where a lot of us talked about what kind of lives we had/wanted to have as a single. Really interesting.

Gosh, I don't know. I've been her cabana boy arm candy for so long I haven't given it much thought. :D

I would probably wait until I came across a steady girlfriend that was financially and emotionally stable but it would be so difficult to break in another.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom