tv audio out to speakers

The back jack panel looks like this.
The label to the right of the 5 jacks says "Component/AV in".

I see no outputs, other than the optical output above these jacks.

Now you need to see if the TV remote can control your receiver volume/power. Many can, either pre-programmed by brand or by learning. Or get a universal remote.

Samsung un48j5000

That is the 48" version of the 2015 J5000 series. You are correct. There is not a lot on that particular Forum -- only 5 posts.

2015 Samsung 1080p FHD J5000 / J5003 Series LED TV Thread - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

However, if you post your question, I am sure someone will have the knowledge to answer your query.

(FWIW, the Forum for my 2015 Vizio model has around 15,000 posts. And the Roku Ultra which has been out for only three weeks has 975.)

Now you need to see if the TV remote can control your receiver volume/power. Many can, either pre-programmed by brand or by learning. Or get a universal remote.

Will do. At the moment I'm just enjoying my small victory. ;) Sure is nice listening to a movie through good speakers.

Solutions for this UNJ48 are limited.
1. optical toslink to analog audio converter (search Google) to receiver.
2. Sound Bar with toslink. Need proper cable if cable not included.
3. Optical toslink to receiver.
4. HDMI

I was disappointed with this TV a little. But it was a gift, and I will enjoy it.

I myself may look for a smaller receiver/amp or sound bar with toslink.

If your TV has Toslink (optical cable) you can get a digital to analog converter for about $30 from Amazon that will give you the red/white audio output. I use this setup on my PS4 to connect to my 40 year old stereo.

This looks like a workable option if the speakers and receiver are already in place.

Why would Samsung design a product with such limited outputs? This thread is a reminder to thoroughly check the connection specs before buying a new TV.

Why would Samsung design a product with such limited outputs? This thread is a reminder to thoroughly check the connection specs before buying a new TV.

The new 56" LG we bought several months ago only has optical audio out also. We had to get the digital to analog converter to operate the sound bar we had.

Why would Samsung design a product with such limited outputs?

1. To reduce production costs/increase profits
2. To influence the sales of more modern sound systems with optical inputs, hoping you'll purchase a Samsung system - and increase profits.

Next question... :)

This looks like a workable option if the speakers and receiver are already in place.

It is the way things are, I'm afraid. It is a basic model, that gets you there for the minimum investment. It is not a "smart tv." But smart enough for me and roku... Also, a gift from kids.

Higher end models include network (ethernet and wifi) as well as bluetooth. There might also be additional connections which are more conventional. Or do we say legacy?

The toslink to RCA jacks (digital to analog) converter is about $19 in bestbuy.

1. To reduce production costs/increase profits
2. To influence the sales of more modern sound systems with optical inputs, hoping you'll purchase a Samsung system - and increase profits.

Next question... :)

One other aspect that is being ignored - the digital output support 5.1 surround sound (with compatible receiver) with one simple cable connection. To do that with analog requires 6 RCA jacks, and a bundle of 6 cables. Most consumers would probably prefer once cable connection to six.

I wish I could find a true digital to 5.1 analog converter (the ones I see are supposedly a 'simulated' surround sound). That way, I could use a few inexpensive discreet amplifiers, and not have all my eggs in one basket. I have had a few modern receivers die on me, with all their computer controlled integrated systems, they are near impossible to repair. One component failure and the whole thing goes to recycling.

-ERD50

Solutions for this UNJ48 are limited.
1. optical toslink to analog audio converter (search Google) to receiver.
2. Sound Bar with toslink. Need proper cable if cable not included.
4. HDMI

I was disappointed with this TV a little. But it was a gift, and I will enjoy it.

I myself may look for a smaller receiver/amp or sound bar with toslink.

I'm actually fine with my older receiver(glad it had an optical port). Might be a little bigger than some of the brand new one's but fits in a slot in my media cabinet under the TV. Pushes my speakers with a good sound. Although it would have been nice if the TV had additional outputs...in the end the solution was fairly simple. I think the TV has a pretty decent picture.

Back
Top Bottom