Uber is Mind-Blowing

Boston Uber Driver Convicted Of Rape, Sentenced to 10 Years In Prison

"When the woman got in Done’s car, he informed her that she needed to pay him in cash. They stopped at an ATM before he drove her to a secluded location and sexually assaulted her.
Done reportedly hit the victim and attempted to strangle her during the attack, locking the car doors so she wouldn’t escape and covering her mouth so she would remain quiet.
Done was subsequently linked to several other attacks on women in previous years, thanks to a DNA match. He was ultimately charged in connection to five different assaults."

Boston Uber Driver Convicted Of Rape, Sentenced to 10 Years In Prison

omni

In my limited research, I also believe there are some liability minefields associated with the Uber system.

The Uber app sets the price for your location to your destination at the time you make the request. The fee is automatically deducted from your credit card and includes the tip. you never pull out your wallet. The variance involves demand pricing. If there is high demand in your area the price will rise - intended to draw more drivers to the area in demand. I have only used Uber a few times (I usually use the bike share program to get around town) but all of my experiences have been excellent. I worry a bit about whether the pay model is abusive (stories are conflicting on this issue) but the basic model is much better than calling or hailing cabs. I agree with jazz4cash that the cab companies may be forced to adopt this model or fall by the wayside. I suspect that the later is more likely since the transition to Uber like tech would probably be a mess.

No, it's like a taxi. Per mile and per minute charges. The app will give you an estimate, but the final charge does depend on how you go and how long it takes.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom