Ugh...neighbor's contractor left HUGE oil stains on street

I guess I'm the only one here who sees this differently but you have to remember that I am reading this from New Orleans.

If the street is smooth, functional, does not have deep craters or potholes, and is better to drive on than driving on no street at all, then what a thrill!! Seventh heaven.

I'd just smile like the Cheshire Cat and ignore the oil stain, which will go away eventually when Mother Nature has taken care of it.

Attachments

• 9200675-large.jpg
    9200675-large.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 114
The only vehicle that was parked there this week was someone working for my neighbor on his deck/steps pool project.

Something, something, jumping to conclusions...

Hopefully the street will look spiffy in 3 weeks and everyone can be happy.

What I do is cover over the oil spots with whatever I blow down the street. It's a combination of sand, dirt and leaves on asphalt street. SO it soaks up the oil over time, and eventually blows down the street.

Are you allowed to blow yard waste into the street? In our area it's not legally prohibited but we've been told it's bad to let it get into the storm drains- not only the clogging factor, but the chemicals we use on the lawn get into the water.

We've had driveway oil stains multiple time. Brush on/in Liquid Tide & let it just sit there. Rain will wash it away & leave 10-20% of initial stain darkness that will readily fade away over time.

Back
Top Bottom