UK health booklet: Teen sex can be fun

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Gotta love those Brits...:)

The National Health Service in the city of Sheffield produced the booklet, which has a section called "an orgasm a day" that encourages educators to tell teens about the positive physical and emotional effects of sex and masturbation, which is described as an easy way for people to explore their bodies and feel good.
My favorite quote:
"Far from promoting teenage sex, it is designed to encourage young people to delay losing their virginity until they are sure they will enjoy the experience," he said.
UK health booklet's message: Teen sex can be fun - Yahoo! News

This information will definitely result in less sex among teenagers--anything adults tell them is automatically ignored.

I can just hear the conversations at home: "Susie, did you remember to masturbate this morning before you made your bed?" "Aw, mom, get off my back. I'll do it tomorrow."

Wow, this is so 180 off from what was encouraged back in the Dark Ages (when I was a teenager).

Just think, those poor kids are supposed to be thinking of the positive emotional effects of masturbation, while hair grows on their palms and they get acne... :2funny:

When I saw the headline, "Teen sex can be fun", the first thing I thought was "yeah sure, but it has to be illegal in Texas just like everywhere else, right?"

They're saying it's like getting to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice.

If I wasn't a mod, I'd make some remark about this quote from Wikipedia:

the idiom keep a stiff upper lip, and has traditionally been used to describe an attribute of British people, who are sometimes perceived by other cultures as being reserved

Sounds like a good idea. Shame it can't be promoted in the USA.

Remember Jocelyn Elders, Bill Clinton's Surgeon General? She mentioned that mutual masturbation might be a healthy pastime for teenagers, and as a bonus they wouldn't be likely to get sick or pregnant. But this makes way too much sense for The American People, so she was made the butt of jokes for a while anyway.

Anyway, haven't teenagers been doing this since the stone ages?

Ha

All I'm interested in is am I allowed to be in the picture anywhere when this fun teen sex stuff is going on?

Anyway, haven't teenagers been doing this since the stone ages?
Ha
Yeah...I'm thinking the same thing. (I'm not quite that old, but still...)

It's up to us adults to tell them it's dirty...:rolleyes:

Sorry, I think only the one person is involved.

Liver in a milk carton, perhaps?

I think this is a much better approach, just like I think that allowing teens to have alcohol to avoid the forbidden fruit syndrome is a better idea than what is routinely done in the US. But between the Puritan baggage and the religious right, it seems unlikely that this will cross the Atlantic any time soon.

I can see it now....Got [-]milk[/-] Orgasm?
Speaking of words beginning with the letter "O", Oprah tried to publicize something like this with a guest on her show a few months ago. The guest claimed that teen girls were too often confused between the feelings of love and those of sexual response. The idea was that teen girls should have the experience to understand the physical sensations caused by something they can take care of on their own, so to speak, and the much more complicated feelings of "true loooove". Unfortunately Oprah got ripped apart by a variety of advocacy groups. Not that she has to care.

One part of the show was priceless for demonstrating the difference between the sexes. A pair of teenagers (aged 14? 15?) sat on the stage with the guest and proclaimed that they were ready for safe sex because they truly looooved each other. Of course they'd avoid pregnancy. Affirmative nods & smiles from the girl, enthusiastic nods from the guy. The guest asked "Tell me how long you two plan to be a couple." The girl said "Why, forever, we love each other!" while the guy almost simultaneously responded "About a year"...

You know how the rest of that conversation went. On national TV.

. The guest asked "Tell me how long you two plan to be a couple." The girl said "Why, forever, we love each other!" while the guy almost simultaneously responded "About a year"...

Until his next 'score"........:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom