Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #81
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Shes got that feisty look I dig. SASSY

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #82
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
a hint - there is not enough blood in the body to operate two major organs at the same time. we'll coin a new phrase -the "Spitzer Effect"
Would this guy be Elliot?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg file018.jpg (12.2 KB, 118 views)

Old 03-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #83
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Just this lean, green lovin' machine. Others are probably more.
Being a LBYM type of guy (as well as a non-adultering kind of guy), I'll never know..... [copious tears]

"I've traded love for pennies, sold my soul for less" -Jim Croce, Age
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #84
Administrator

Well its all theoretical anyway -- Pokey is the jealous type.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
Shes got that feisty look I dig. SASSY
I just threw up in my mouth
Old 03-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #86
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9 View Post
I just threw up in my mouth
Looks like Suze Orman with a different hairdo.............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Adultery = ridiculous standard? I have to say you lost me there.
adultery simply means that you have sex with someone besides your marriage partner. i imagine there are numerous couples who would think it ridiculous to be limited to one person, even while enjoying all the other benefits of state sanctioned marriage. i wouldn't know, personally, as i'm not permitted to marry. but i assume therefore, by what i take as the tone of your response to mine, that you connote cheating in using the word "adultery" which might not have been the case here and so to which neither of us have the facts to judge.

so i stand by my flip comment even while being surprised it received such serious reflection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
While I agree with you that prositiution should be legal, he did wrong (1) committing adultery, and (2) committing a crime which as Attorney General he had prosecuted others for.
1) see above 2) that was just a little--i'll give it the benefit of the doubt--convenient of you, don't you think, to cut my quote short as i already said, put apparently you force me into defense so that i guess i have to say it again: "your point, perhaps, which i understand." there, satisfied?

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:59 AM   #88

Hey, lighten up on Elliot. He was just probing the depth of the prostitution problem in NYC.

Problems often occur when all the blood in the big head rushes to the little head.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:54 AM   #89

Quote:
What he did wrong was fail to live up to his own publicly announced standard. Where I come from that's called hypocrisy.
Amen, Walt.. guess that's why the Republicans gave Vitter a STANDING O.

..ovation.. not the other o.

at least not in public, anyway.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:30 AM   #90
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquette View Post
First, two one-liners... not original and I'm sure they've already been done, but it came to me while I was washing the dishes...

-------------

You can't be too tough on Spitzer. After all, one of his promises was that he was going to get hard on crime.

-------------

The prostitute came forward today and made a plea for Spitzer. She said to be lenient with him because he's already done lots of hard time

-------------
i knew i could count on you! LMAO

wow, TWO limericks AND a senryu. you da man!

allow me...A hard Governor is good to find. or is it...A good Governor is hard to find?
i get so confused...
Old 03-12-2008, 07:31 AM   #91
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
Would this guy be Elliot?
5 stars awarded to the James Bond look alike!

i record Jay Leno every night. he is at his best during an election year. i just may have to go watch the last 2 days shows. LOL
Old 03-12-2008, 07:35 AM   #92
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat44 View Post
Hey, lighten up on Elliot. He was just probing the depth of the prostitution problem in NYC.

Problems often occur when all the blood in the big head rushes to the little head.
5 stars awarded again!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:33 AM   #93

Here's another dozen "do as I say, not as I do"

Famous 'Johns' Exposed | Newsweek National News | Newsweek.com
Old 03-12-2008, 09:38 AM   #94

If I may, I'd like to use this story to exemplify why Southern men are hilarious (apologies as I've been doing a Florence King reading marathon of late).

I read that Spitzer's wife is originally from Concord, NC, my DHs (very small) hometown. I felt vaguely sorry for her having to stand up there next to the idiot, so I looked into her history a bit and asked DH if he knew her family--he is a good bit younger than Silda so unlikely he knew her, plus he left a long time ago.

So I say, her dad was a hospital administrator in Concord, does that ring a bell? No, not so much...okay, well there is only one hospital...so then I find his name...oh, yeah, that is my friend from high school's dad...you know, the one who designs engines for Nascar (this guy is a hero to DH & his friends). Well, that must be his sister, huh? I say, you mean this woman leaves Concord, goes to Harvard, becomes first lady of New York, and you don't even have a passing awareness of her? His answer: you know, her brother designs engines for Nascar! What else could compare to that?
sigh. I love the South!

On a positive note, she owns that jerk's @$$ now. I read the complaint on the Smoking Gun, and they got him dead to rights. Imagine prosecuting prostitution rings while you are also a patron of one!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #95

Bloomberg.com: Politics

Spitzer is out.

I have a confession to make... see, Spitzer and I were on vacation and I found this secret cell phone...

You do have to wonder, what's out there that made him come forward. Who has him blackmailed?
Old 03-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #96
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquette View Post
Bloomberg.com: Politics

Spitzer is out.

I have a confession to make... see, Spitzer and I were on vacation and I found this secret cell phone...

You do have to wonder, what's out there that made him come forward. Who has him blackmailed?
he made a lot of enemies with the big $ boyz on wall street while NY AG.

to his credit, he flushed out a lot of corruption in the finance and investment industry. saved ALL of us little investors a lot of money. you can never take that away from him.

but he had a dark little secret. it's too bad, he was very good at what he did as a public servant.

what a dumb s**t!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Imagine prosecuting prostitution rings while you are also a patron of one!
I can hear him now. "You mean there's prostitution going on in this establishment? Why, I'm shocked, just shocked!"
Old 03-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #98
Moderator Emeritus

I assume when powerful guys see hookers it doesn't have to do with how hot the wives are or the hookers are or whether the guys could get it for free.

It has to do with not owing anything but money. No obligations, no need to be nice and loving, no need to call again if you don't feel like it. Just sex the way you want it.

Now Bill? He just loves women.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:25 PM   #99

what ever happened to good old fashion nsa sex? i suspect for most, paying for it is a fetish like any other.

i'm not convinced that it is much different then, say, a man who doesn't want his wife to work but feels like he should be able to provide for her (or visa versa, of course).

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:28 PM   #100
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
what ever happened to good old fashion nsa sex?
Maybe that happens between a two men. Unless there is a dollar amount involved, I have a hard time this EVER happens between a man and a woman.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote