Uncivilized grocery store shopping

I knew you guys would run with this story...:D Just got home and read your comments. Good to laugh again. Election almost over!

People who decide to talk in the middle of the aisle. Blocking both lanes of traffic. Yeah I can see how grocery cart rage happens ;)

Why does it seem that shrieking *mart moms and strange kids names seem to go hand in hand?

"godda#m it Cody Cheyenne, get off them bicycles and get yer a$$ over here right now!. And bring your little sister Beauty Meadow with you. We ain't stoppin at the Burger King on the way home if you kids can't behave."

OK, now THAT'S funny. :D

Once, many years ago, I managed to go to WMart the day before school started. The kids and parents were screaming when they got out of the cars.

no, but i've certainly had a fair number of guys try. it's very flattering. :D
isn't that on the top of the "How to meet singles" list - the grocery store? oops, sorry i bumped your cart?

I once dated a frozen food section girl, I was worried she might be an ice queen, but she was a hot tamale instead........:D

chili today, hot tamale

My cool uncle used to say that all the time. We would drive around in his Vette, and when he passed a good looking girl on the street, he would turn to me and say:

That's one HOT TAMALE!!! :D

Sonny-boy...is that really you?

uh oh, I've just blown my cover

There's a local market in Berkeley with some of the best produce, a very big organic section and exotic fruits and veggies that you aren't likely to find anywhere. In one of the Top Chef seasons, they even shopped there.

Anyhow, there are many aggressive produce shoppers there! It's like a race to grab the organic kale or weird looking fruit you've never had before but have to try...don't get in the way of a hippy and their produce! Don't ask about the too small parking lot and the problems that has caused!

I've actually had offers to go ahead of other people in line because I had only one item......several times in the past few months. Happens rarely but brightens the day when it does.

Actually, some of the worst behavior I've seen in a grocery store was at Monterey Market in Berkeley. It has a very small parking lot - and one time the entrance was at a stand still - I then noticed that a car was honking at another one and then universal single finger salutes were flying - turns out a car had stopped to let out a disabled old lady and then attempt to park in 'the one' handicapped spot - the car behind was in a hurry, I guess - it then turned into screaming. Very sad....fairly wealthy people, GREAT produce store, nice weather...but no, 'YOU ARE IN MY WAY!'

Now, Texas - the friendliest poeple.....I went to a lavendar festival in the hill country - I would stop and chat with the vendors and even if I didn't purchase something they were nice and said thanks for stopping by.....I didn't have this creepy feeling they felt like they'd wasted their time with me as I didn't purchase something. Go figure - it was also a hot and humid day - so weather wasn't like it is in CA...that can't be the excuse.....

A couple of years ago, two women were brought into the police station wearing handcuff jewelry. Seems they got into an altercation outside the grocery store. One was covered in coffee, the other one had cookie crumbs in her hair.

I swear, it never ceases to amaze me.....

Back
Top Bottom