Universal remote

Ronstar

Moderator Emeritus
Any suggestions for a good universal remote? I'd like to control a Comcast cable DVr and integra receiver, and also Apple TV from a single remote if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I agree with the Logitech Harmony recommendation. I've got two separate installations where my cable equipment is housed in a cabinet and they have a wi-fi based remote that works superbly in this service. It's especially good if you have several different inputs (cable, DVD, Roku, Apple TV, etc.). You can set up one button startup for each separate activity that switches on the correct equipment and selects all of the appropriate settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Thanks all! I went to Walmart looking for Harmony remotes. No such luck. I'm going to Best Buy this afternoon. I did get my Integra receiver remote to learn the Comcast box and run the system ok while everything is on, but turning on and off is a little sketchy.

The Logitech Harmony Remote may very well have saved my marriage - my setup is so convoluted that without this remote, only I seem to be able to do anything! It automatically can be programmed from your pc - just pick which devices you have by model number and it programs the Harmony automagically!

I got mine online.

+ XXX on Logitech Harmony.

You program on the web and just reload it if you ever loose the settings. Even DW can run it.

Thanks for the Harmony suggestions! I went to Best Buy, bought the 650, and programmed it in 5 minutes. And it works! And it looks simple enough for DW to use.

Just make sure you teach her about the help button!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom