Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-25-2007, 05:25 PM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Zipper, do you think that everytime a cop runs across a JA like this they should have to strong arm them or maybe get into a boxing match. The cops can't shoot him and if they hit him with their batton that would be wrong.

The guy was given an order and did not do what he was told so ZAP game over.
73ss454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2007, 05:32 PM   #62
Full time employment: Posting here.

Yes, and too many times it is, "game over".
Zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
Yes, and too many times it is, "game over".
Are you also considering how many cops are killed by idiots like this every year. It's real simple, do what your told and you won't get zapped.
73ss454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:23 AM   #64
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

There will always be some criminals that are bigger/stronger/tougher/faster than the cop trying to subdue them. Therefore cops will always need some tools to help. Whether that tool is a taser, mace or baton, the criminal is going to be in harm's way.

I'm always disappointed when I hear of cases of police using excessive force. On the other hand, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often given the dangerous looney tunes they have to deal with.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:28 AM   #65
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I think our cops are becoming pussies. Maybe it's too many donuts.
If somebody is out of line then 2 big fit officers should be able to subdue.
Zipper, I'd like to invite you and two big fit officer buddies of your choice to come on down to our dojang on sparring night. I have a 5'2" 90-pound friend who'll bring all three of you to your knees without mussing her hair. But she knows better than to go up against a taser or a firearm.

I think the cops made the right choice by not engaging in some sort of testosterone-poisoned battle of attrition.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:34 AM   #66
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets-retire View Post
University of Florida cops cleared in use of Taser on student
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Associated Press

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- University of Florida police were justified in using a Taser against a student who refused to stop questioning Sen. John Kerry on campus last month, according to a state investigation released Wednesday.
Good. I am so sick of obnoxious jerks demanding special attention and then screaming "I demand to see the Boss, police brutality, nazi thugs, racist bastards, incompetent thugs, , I'll sue you butt etc.

Forget this guys rights, what about the rights of the people who didn't get to ask question? What makes this jerk so special that thinks he can take 3 minutes giving a speech, then ask a question, not even wait for the answer, and then demand the right to ask two more questions?

There several hundred people at the speech, and US senator and former nominee for President of the US. He just waste 10 minutes of their lives. Put two deputies on administrative leave for more than a month and undoubtable cost them to lose sleep. He cost thousands of tax payer dollars in hearings and reports. All for his self-centered childish behavior. If I had been there I would have Tsarize him everytime he open his mouth.

Police brutality what a crock, go visit a place like China, Iraq, Russia, Cambodia, Vietnam or probably 50 other countries.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:17 AM   #67

Sorry all. I didn't mean to start the debate all over. I thouhgt a few on here would be interested to know the final outcome of the situation.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:13 AM   #68
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
Zipper, I'd like to invite you and two big fit officer buddies of your choice to come on down to our dojang on sparring night. I have a 5'2" 90-pound friend who'll bring all three of you to your knees without mussing her hair. But she knows better than to go up against a taser or a firearm.

I think the cops made the right choice by not engaging in some sort of testosterone-poisoned battle of attrition.
That's easy for you to say.

My brother and I would flatten her in 2 seconds.
Zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #69
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets-retire View Post
Sorry all. I didn't mean to start the debate all over. I thouhgt a few on here would be interested to know the final outcome of the situation.

Too late..........
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:48 AM   #70
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
That's easy for you to say.

My brother and I would flatten her in 2 seconds.
I'm not sure how to take this comment. You and your brother would jump a 90 pound woman 2 on 1 to prove your manhood? Or maybe that no amount of martial arts training can overcome size?

Were you aware that an errant blow to the larynx has killed many people in what was just a "good 'ol fist fight" among the boys?

How in the world can you think cops mixing it up with civilians in a fist fight is the right way to go? You're not tapping the Molsen already, are you?

There was a recent study on Tazers that found them one of the safest ways to subdue a suspect.
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewill View Post
I'm not sure how to take this comment. You and your brother would jump a 90 pound woman 2 on 1 to prove your manhood? Or maybe that no amount of martial arts training can overcome size?

Were you aware that an errant blow to the larynx has killed many people in what was just a "good 'ol fist fight" among the boys?

How in the world can you think cops mixing it up with civilians in a fist fight is the right way to go? You're not tapping the Molsen already, are you?

There was a recent study on Tazers that found them one of the safest ways to subdue a suspect.
For everyone involved