Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-10-2015, 01:27 AM   #61
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfanciscotreat View Post
As to the reference about not washing hands after urination, I generally do not wash my hands after urinating in public restrooms as I know my private parts are cleaner than the handles on the sinks. I am also careful not to p on my hands.

I guess you don't mind when your doctor doesn't wash their hands after every "turn your head and cough" exam either....

I notice too many people (Men) in the restroom who come in, unzip, do their business, zip up and walk out. Today's modern restroom not only has handle-less faucets but no handle soap too. It is disgusting seeing how many people don't wash their hands after doing their business

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2015, 06:33 AM   #62
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

If it bothered me as much as it appears to have bothered the OP, there's no way I'd use that service again. Personally, I agree with others: not a huge deal, I think emailing the company with the video (if you must) and leaving a yelp review would be enough. Pay the bill and use someone else next time.

The discontinuity to me is saying you'd want to use that company again after this incident which clearly bothered you. There are other options for your dollars.

Now I'm gonna live in a world like that!" - World Like That, O.A.R.
nash031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:45 AM   #63
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoy5 View Post
Long story short...I don't have any intentions of falling off my roof. So, I paid a reputable company to come blow the leaves off the roof and clean the gutters. While the team was out there, I happened to notice (via security camera) that one of the employees took a break to urinate on the back of my house. I sent an email to the company with a link to video to let them know that this is pretty much unacceptable. I heard nothing back from them but got a reminder this AM to pay my bill. I am not so inclined to do so. What are the thoughts of the members here? Am I being unreasonable?

How were you harmed by this? Was this done on a grassy area? If so, nature will take care of it. If not, nothing a bit of water wouldn't take care of. I think you're being unreasonable. It doesn't seem like a whole lot to spend much time on. Then again what might be a non issue for me may not be for you. I tend to not get worked up about little things and just move on.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 12-10-2015, 07:26 AM   #64
Recycles dryer sheets

Pay the bill and then post on Yelp & Google + about the actions of their employee.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:07 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODude View Post
..... This was in the eighties when guys openly rode on the back of garbage packer trucks, just holding on to the handhold, which I'm pretty sure is taboo from a safety standpoint. .....
Amazingly, they still do this in the area where I live...in all kinds of weather, too.

As for the OP, I'm glad this worked out for you. Unfortunately you can't win on the forum because many readers seem to think you overreacted and need to get a life. I don't agree. I had a similar situation with the company I used for several years. I thought they would appreciate me letting them know if they wanted to keep me as a customer, they could not use a blower to clean wet leaves from my gutters because it makes a nasty mess on my siding and windows. They eventually waived the bill in my case but it was a long drawn out process and I still had dirty windows and siding. This let me know to use another service for this chore in the future. I think the way you judge a business is how they handle problems when they arise.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #66
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengsational View Post
Life is too short.

Take the hose to it yourself and slam them on Yelp. All done in 10 minutes.

You'd simply be punishing yourself if you try to get them to pay for cleaning or drag it out with authorities.

Take all the time you would have wasted on retribution and find something to enrich your life.
Excellent advice! This doesn't seem worth the negative energy. Yelp if you feel the need and move on to bigger and better things!
Old 12-10-2015, 09:17 AM   #67
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingmn View Post
Pay the bill and then post on Yelp & Google + about the actions of their employee.
Agree and I would also discontinue doing business with them.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #68

I came home one day a few months ago and happened to walk around the back of the house. As I walked around the corner, I chanced upon a workman taking a leak up against the side of the house. Can't say I was too thrilled, but as this particular workman was the owner of the place I live in, I let it pass. He's 80 years old and, along with his nephew, does the maintenance on all of his properties.

68 posts so far on a guy taking a leak. Gotta love this forum
Old 12-10-2015, 10:04 AM   #69
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoy5 View Post
I have no real issues with paying the amount. They completed the service as requested. I am not too happy that there has been no response, but there have been 20 views of the "private" video I sent them...so they KNOW it happened.
20 views!?!?!

They're all standing around the shop laughing about it. "Hey Randy, they got you on Candid Camera with your pecker out!"

No advice as to what you should do for payment.

I'd probably pay the bill, hose the pee spot off myself, then laugh about the ridiculous situation later. The guy relieved himself; he didn't whip it out and play with himself back there.

Of course I've peed in the woods myself a time or 100, and at least a dozen times while on the job but in a remote location (only came close to getting caught a couple times). So my hands aren't entirely clean, and I might be biased in favor of the poor workman with a tiny bladder.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
, and I might be biased in favor of the poor workman with a tiny bladder.
A man's opinion changes once he hits 60 or so...you start to know where every men's room in town is.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #71
Give me a forum ...

Just going to throw out another view on this...

We had a workman who needed to pee.... so knocked on the door and asked... of course we let him in....

But, after leaving, DW was pretty mad.... he had dirt on his shoes and was a pretty bad aim.... now, the RR is just a step inside the back door... literally the RR door and back door will hit each other if both are opened at the same time.... but if you listen to DW, the guy stepped everywhere inside the house....

I would prefer they go behind the garage and use the bush instead of the bricks or siding.... and not near the house... (but, we have a detached garage)...
Old 12-10-2015, 10:42 AM   #72
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfanciscotreat View Post
... As to the reference about not washing hands after urination, I generally do not wash my hands after urinating in public restrooms as I know my private parts are cleaner than the handles on the sinks. I am also careful not to p on my hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnieboy View Post
I guess you don't mind when your doctor doesn't wash their hands after every "turn your head and cough" exam either....

I notice too many people (Men) in the restroom who come in, unzip, do their business, zip up and walk out. Today's modern restroom not only has handle-less faucets but no handle soap too. It is disgusting seeing how many people don't wash their hands after doing their business
Ronnieboy - for me it's disgusting to see how many public washrooms have handles that I need to grab to exit. So after I wash my hands, I have to grab that handle that the people who didn't wash their hands have touched? I'll use a paper towel if they have one, or my cuff if they don't, or wait for someone else to open the door! And maybe they touched that handle after a '#2' which is a more serious sanitary issue.

I really don't get the big deal about washing after a p either. It might make more sense to wash before. My privates are clean, and they are tucked away, not getting exposed to germs like my hands are. Of course, I don;t know if that other person has decent personal hygiene. It makes me wish we'd get away from the handshaking ritual. Especially in medical facilities. My Mom's been in the hospital and skilled nursing for a while, and I just can't believe how many of the medical staff reach out to shake hands with me. Just introduce yourself and nod please - we don't need to be spreading germs in a hospital.

-ERD50
Old 12-10-2015, 10:49 AM   #73
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
Ronnieboy - for me it's disgusting to see how many public washrooms have handles that I need to grab to exit. So after I wash my hands, I have to grab that handle that the people who didn't wash their hands have touched? I'll use a paper towel if they have one, or my cuff if they don't, or wait for someone else to open the door! And maybe they touched that handle after a '#2' which is a more serious sanitary issue.

I really don't get the big deal about washing after a p either. It might make more sense to wash before. My privates are clean, and they are tucked away, not getting exposed to germs like my hands are. Of course, I don;t know if that other person has decent personal hygiene. It makes me wish we'd get away from the handshaking ritual. Especially in medical facilities. My Mom's been in the hospital and skilled nursing for a while, and I just can't believe how many of the medical staff reach out to shake hands with me. Just introduce yourself and nod please - we don't need to be spreading germs in a hospital.

-ERD50

Since we all agree its clean, maybe we got it backwards. Maybe we should wash our hands before not after we go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2015, 11:06 AM   #74

They had one of these in Sierra Nevada's taproom in Chico... I like the idea.

This blogger doesn't wash his hands in public restrooms due to the chance of making things worse.

http://www.wired.com/2011/04/toepene...ith-your-feet/
Old 12-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #75
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
A man's opinion changes once he hits 60 or so...you start to know where every men's room in town is.
Have to agree with the age issue since I am past 60. Plus, you get to plan driving trips in more detail!

On my frequent 230 mile runs to Ft. Worth, Texas from Houston, I can tell you where every McDonalds location is along I-45. That's my "preferred Potty Stop" since the newer ones have three urinals. If I am on a route I don't know, I use my Garmin to find them (or another alternative).
Old 12-10-2015, 12:02 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Since we all agree its clean, maybe we got it backwards. Maybe we should wash our hands before not after we go.

I think the "wash your hands after you pee" thing is a good rule to get you to wash your hands in a convenient fashion three or four times a day. Personally, I'm able to pee without getting it on my hands, and can often pee without touching anything but my zipper and my boxers... that said, I wash every time just because I think it's a good idea to wash your hands periodically, particularly before eating.
Now I'm gonna live in a world like that!" - World Like That, O.A.R.
nash031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #77
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

^^ TMI. Definitely TMI...

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:21 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash031 View Post
...Personally, I'm able to pee without getting it on my hands, and can often pee without touching anything but my zipper and my boxers...
This post is worthless without the video.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #79
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
This post is worthless without the video.

Oh, I think we can do without the video...But I'm still trying to figure out if this a positive thing or a very negative thing... But I will leave it at that as I don't want video confirmation!

Old 12-10-2015, 02:03 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan;1667785
Oh, I think we can do without the video...But I'm still trying to figure out if this a positive thing or a very negative thing... But I will leave it at that as I don't want video confirmation!

Ok, fine, Mulligan. But, FlyBoy5 has a video and it obviously helped him.
Besides, just how cool would it be to see Nash031 take a leak in real time and then from every conceivable angle and then in slow motion from every conceivable angle?

Never mind: I see your point.