Unusual Size Paio Door Needed...........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I need a replacement patio door and screen, my old one is 20 years old and has massive seal failure............

I need a strrange size, 80X80...........

Any recommendations on manufacturers??:D

I have a friend who has a retractable (vanishing) screens for his patio doors. The screen doors uncoil from the 2 sides and meet in the middle joined by a magnetic closure. They coil up to the side into about 2" pockets when not in use. Very trick affair. However, they are expensive. Google retractable screen doors. I am considering a single unit for a 4' wide door.

I need a replacement patio door and screen, my old one is 20 years old and has massive seal failure............

I need a strrange size, 80X80...........

Any recommendations on manufacturers??:D

Maybe consider a more common size door and a side light unit to make up the difference?

Glass doors must, by law, be tempered glass, and must be manufactured to a specific size, as the glass cannot be cut. I suspect that you'll have to either find a manufacturer that makes that size, or resize your opening for a completely new unit. If you can determine who the original manufacturer was, try checking on the web to see if they're still in business. If they no longer make that size, they may be able to help with a replacement.

Maybe consider a more common size door and a side light unit to make up the difference?

Looked at that. I would need to do some re-framing, drywall, move oak moudings,etc. The difference in price between that and getting a custom size door is about a wash. I think I'll go custom. DW HAS to have a WOOD interior..........:D

Back
Top Bottom