UPDATE: Mrs. Thefed's inflatable bounce house rental business...

thefed said:
good thing we started a new biz this spring and took on about 250k in debt....only 4 months before the divorce was filed. hope she'd like to split that debt with me ! lol

Aw, sorry to hear that.

we rocked in 2011, and did 310k gross. we are on a blistering pace for 2012...about 90% growth. i expect that to settle at around 40%

The pace is actually up to about 120% growth...amazing.

Kids arent doing so well...NOTHING has been accomplished. I'm just getting word she's vacating the home I owned 7 yrs prior to our 2 year marriage - 14 months in. No visitation with kids....she doesnt follow orders and doesnt event get slapped on the wrist. It's a mess.

On the bright side, 6 months in I am maintaining a 90% growth rate in the biz...500k+ seems easily attainable. We're developing strategies for future growth...is it franchising, one big central facility, self funded satellites? We really dont know

Margins are on the climb too...but it changes daily. Shooting for 35%,,,I'd be happy with 30% I think

Also starting to consider how to build this thing to sell in 3 -5 years. Talked to some consultants and it seems most blow smoke up your ass!

2012 Accomplishments:

510k sales. Profit margin increased by 5%. Executed our first licensing agreement with a local competitor who still owns his equipment, yet operates under our name. Perfect safety record in 2012. Reduced negative customer comments (of any variety) to 1.5%, from nearly 4% in 2011.

2013 Goals: Meeting tomorrow with a prospective 'buyer', willing to put up the cash to open the third (and final) OMG office in NE Ohio which would complete our vision of a triangulated territory, designed for efficient operations and inventory transfer. This agreement would be a 51/49 partnership as opposed to a franchise. Increase sales to $650k. Bump profits up 4%. Reduce debt by 35%. Maintain safety record. Decrease negative customer comments to <1%. Increase repeat & referral customer rate from 27% to 31%.

Congrats on your success in 2012 and best of luck in 2013! I enjoy reading your updates, both business and personal.

Back
Top Bottom