UPDATE: Mrs. Thefed's inflatable bounce house rental business...

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, who woulda thunkit? This business we started with one $800 bounce-house has turned into something special.

We are nearing the end of the season with 12 inflatables, a box truck, 250 happy customers and revenues of about $40,000. WOW!

Every cent of the $26,000 initial investment is paid off and we are very excited about next season. Our market studies show that the average rate of returning customers from one year to the next is 40%. So that tell us that we can expect exponential growth going forward.

Wish us luck!

Good for you Fed. I hope things continue well. If you truly get exponential growth you will have to expand and trust others to carry your brand effectively - be careful with that.

Congrats! and now if we can just get the same bounce out of the economy...:D

That really is a great business in that there will always be a new crop of customers to enjoy your product as the current ones get older and move on to other things. So another smart business decision.

Yeah, it really boggles my mind though. in hindsight it makes sense, but getting into it I thought there was no WAY we'd rent many, if any at all. That goes to show you that thorough market research truly pays off if you analyze it objectively.

Glad it's doing so well. I can't imagine doing all your different business taxes, though but I'm glad your businesses are doing well.

Glad it's doing so well. I can't imagine doing all your different business taxes, though but I'm glad your businesses are doing well.

yeah, it is confusing. lets see...home repair and duct cleaning are one llc, lawn care another, investment properties are 2 more llcs so far, bounce houses are another,

Well, who woulda thunkit? This business we started with one $800 bounce-house has turned into something special.

We are nearing the end of the season with 12 inflatables, a box truck, 250 happy customers and revenues of about $40,000. WOW!

Every cent of the $26,000 initial investment is paid off and we are very excited about next season. Our market studies show that the average rate of returning customers from one year to the next is 40%. So that tell us that we can expect exponential growth going forward.

Wish us luck!

Great ROI, thefed. I know that you were concerned about liabilty going into this deal, what was the final injury tally?

Glad to hear that everything is going so well for you. You just might end up in the Millionaire Next Door sequel some day.

Well, the 2010 season is coming to a close....and based on what is already in the books and our pace for the last 6 months.....

we should end the season with about 480 rentals and a gross revenue of 105,000

Last year was 240 rentals and 44,000

Very excited for next year!

Wow!
Congratulations to Mrs. TheFed and her Bouncy Castle!

I guess inflation isn't all bad.

Wow, nice increase.

Do you still have your air duct and lawn mowing business also?

Thumbs Up.gif

Congratulations. I hope business continues to boom.

Could this be a leading indicator?

Perhaps the growth of thefed's business is a leading indicator the economy will soon bounce back...:cool:

I hate to let the air out of your ballon, but I think it is because of the economy. People will still spend on kids and pets.

I dont think people ever cut their kids totally out of the equation...especially young kids like we cater to. And so far the referrals are really flowing in!

KB- Yes I do still have the other stuff going ...air ducts are VERY slow...lawn care is booming as we picked up a 60k contract maintaining some of the foreclosures. And of course the rental properties....just got another under contract yesterday- pics to follow!

Back
Top Bottom