update on RE investments...

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
well, house # has carpet and is livebale. The outside will be sided when i get time, and it'll be done

somehow i ended up with cheech, chong, and rainman doing my carpet. it looks great...but wow...what an experience!

house 2 is in stage 1....demolition. I've taken down a wall, ripped up some subfloors, and stripped wallpaper. (the subfloor gave me a reason to buy my favorite tool to date.... a ROTOZIP)

Im trying to hire a lot out on this one to get a FEEL FOR WHAT LEVEL OF WORK MAKES ME MOST COMFORTABLE....SO FAR, I HATE CONTRACTORS (sorry for caps...im not re-typing....damn this lil' laptop!!)

just thouhgt i'd keep y'all updated

and for anyone who remembers my post about starting duct cleaning business....well, i havent advertised in 4 months due to a lack of time (rehabs). I'm still working about 20 hrs/month doing it and averaging $100/hr after costs!

thanks for listening

Thanks for the update Fed. It is always nice to hear about other people working. :D Actually, my life has been quite busy with DW's surgery and complications along with working 11 hour days and keeping up the house, cooking, cleaning, yard work, major yard drainage issues, re-doing a bathroom, fixing a basement leak and being a nurse in my spare time.

I understand about the contractors. I am dealing with a few right now too. I finally got my frozen and split plumbing replaced in the cabin but now has a resident family of very large and very mean woodpeckers. I don't have time to deal with them so I have a guy that does most of my major contractor work at the cabin taking care of it for me. He is not cheap but he does a decent job when you can get him to work.

I wish you the best in your remodeling projects. Were I 10 years younger and had a better back I would do that stuff myself.

Thanks fed..I have been reading your posts and found them to be interesting....

Yeah contractors can make or break a deal. It's painful weeding through the druggies until you get a licensed and bonded guy you can trust to do the work for you. Once you do find one it is like gold. I've got five flips going right now (from Panama) in GA and it wouldn't be possible with quite a few people that I trust to take care of the physicl stuff that I can't.

House #2 is now 50% complete, taking MUCH longer than expected.

The good new is it's under contract. I have a renter going in Oct 15th for a 1 year lease with a 2 year option to buy for a price I can DEFINATELY live with! IF they buy it, II'll be pumped...no realtor fees, and if they pay the rent for the whole year, I expect a total return, before taxes, of ...drumroll please......

85%

I'm pretty pumped...this will make me feel a bit safer when telling the man to go shove it (quitting my job in 24 days)

Thanks for listening

Back
Top Bottom