"Updates to Our Privacy Policy"

CoolRich59

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've lost track of all the notifications I've received from apps, websites, vendors, etc. advising me that they've updated their privacy policy.

I know this is driven by the GDPR, Europe's updated privacy legislation, but I'm being overwhelmed! :blink:

Is there a universal "I accept" button or link I could click and only have to accept the updated policies once and get it over with?? ;)

Some folks are using this as a way to get off a lot lists that they never wanted to be on, didn't know they were on, or no longer wish to be on. They see this as a golden opportunity to cut down on unwanted communications and they only reply to the companies in which they have a genuine interest.

Argh!! Why didn't I think of that??

Some of these notifications are from sites, lists, etc. that I have not been to for years. I could have reduced the amount of email I get by half if I'd been smart enough to just delete some of these. :mad:

Some folks are using this as a way to get off a lot lists that they never wanted to be on, didn't know they were on, or no longer wish to be on. They see this as a golden opportunity to cut down on unwanted communications and they only reply to the companies in which they have a genuine interest.
I agree, although it takes a lot of time. It looks to me as if business go out of their way to make that task complex and time consuming, in the hopes most users will just give up and accept.

Exactly what I’ve been doing!! Some of the emails are so pathetic, “we would hate to lose you, just click Confirm to keep in contact”.

I've deleted them all without reading them. I never even noticed I was supposed to respond. Oh well. I figure I'll go back to any that I'm interested in, and will just accept the T&C then. No loss, IMO.

I read everyone through thoroughly, so it has taken many hours of my time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom