Using In-Seat power on a plane

gindie

Full time employment: Posting here.
Flying out to Hawaii in 3 weeks.  Would like to use my new Toshiba portable DVD player on the 10 hours+ trip.  If Delta doesn't shut down before then, we will be flying on a 767-400, which I've read has power at every seat (even in coach).  Since my player has a DC 12-volt car cord, can I get away with just purchasing a little $12 adapter to connect the end of the car cord to the airline port?  Are seat ports on all planes the same?  Delta says they use "Empower" technology, does this mean anything special to my desired setup?  Thanks.

Call the airline. Empowers require an adapter that can have a two prong US or europe jack, a 12v car adapter, and/or a specific plug for certain laptops and other consumer electronics. The adapters sell for $110 or so. The airline might rent you one. They might include it in first class or business class. They might include them for anyone on the flight. Check when you get on the plane and before they close the door to the jetway...you might get a lot of "A what?" from a junior crew member.

Back
Top Bottom