Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #81
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
I nominate Eddie. His campaign promise: "Two dead rats for every household"
I dont know. I cant vote for Eddie. Since pet rats are pretty neat. So since Eddie is an animal hater I need to move on to the next candidate..

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #82
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
I dont know. I cant vote for Eddie. Since pet rats are pretty neat. So since Eddie is an animal hater I need to move on to the next candidate..
Truth be told, Eddie is a total wimp. He wouldn't know what to do with a rat if he came face to face with one. I realize this invalidates his candicacy since no one wants a wimp cat in office. Don't worry though. We love him very much even though he's "unusual"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010009.JPG (433.0 KB, 0 views)

Old 02-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #83
Give me a forum ...

Wow. I'm speechless....

Love stinks! Minn. farmer creates manure valentine - wtop.com
Old 02-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #84
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post

Jay Leno did a bit on this a few weeks ago, and had me in hysterics. Apparently the wife said it was the best Valentine's gift she'd ever received. And so Jay Leno asked, "wow, what did he give her last year?"
Old 02-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #85
Give me a forum ...

Valentine's Day Adirondack style

Once upon a time, a massive tract of land was set aside to be "Forever Wild". It was called the Adirondack State Forest Preserve. Hunters, adventurers and lumberjacks came from miles around to live in and explore the Adirondack Mts. After a hard day of whatever they did all day , they were plenty hungry.
May I present Valentine's Day dinner in the Adirondack tradition at the famous Buffalo Head in Forestport NY...angry black bear over the mantle, stuffed moose head, ice cold Saranac Pale Ale, and prime rib fit for a King.
Artists also frequent the area. The mound of snow is decorated with frozen dyed water in hearts and flowers shapes. The deep blue letters spell out "Be Mine".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BearHeadHearts.jpg (331.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg MeandMoosie.jpg (125.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PrimeMapView.jpg (271.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PrimeSideView.jpg (252.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IceDeco.jpg (238.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #86
Administrator

Whew! Looks like you and your dh2b had a really happy Valentine's Day, Freebird. At least, I'm pretty sure you didn't go hungry....

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #87
Full time employment: Posting here.

Steak and beer. It does not get much better than that.

La tavola e il letto non hanno restrizioni.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattusbabe View Post
Steak and beer. It does not get much better than that.
We went for a bike ride - It does not get much cheaper than that.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #89

Went out for a matinee movie - finally saw Avatar. It was great!

Then made a nice home cooked dinner together.

DH surprised me with roses. He usually doesn't do that, so it was quite a nice surprise.

A very nice day all in all.

Now just enjoying a quiet night preparing for w*rk tomorrow.

(49, married; DH 53. I am fully retired as of 2015 (well ok, I still work part-time but only because I love the job and have complete freedom to call off if I want to travel with hubby for work), DH hopes to fully retire 2018 when he turns 55 to access 401K penalty-free...although he may decide to do part-time consulting)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #90

I took my Mom out for Valentines dinner at a really nice Irish pub here in Jacksonville Beach, FL. She had their beef stew, which she said was at least as good as her own..or better! Wow! I had their 'Valentines Special'....fillet mignon and lobster tail, with garlic roast mashed potatoes, and a veggie medley. The fillet was cooked to perfection (medium rare), and was fork-tender! We were very pleased with the entire dinner, all thanks to the nice gal at our hotel's front desk!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #91
Give me a forum ...

I woke up to a dozen pink roses and lots of chocolate and a mushy card . My SO got candy and a nerf gun which he is thoroughly enjoying !
Old 02-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #92
Give me a forum ...

Great pics freebird and I'm tickled everyone else is enjoying Valentine's Day!

We haven't done anything special today...so far. I am considering emptying out a few boxes of strawberry jello into the bath water....
Old 02-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #93
Moderator Emeritus

A fine NY strip steak, asparagus with goat cheese, a superb Chateauneuf du Pape, and Lindt chocolates, and a new pair of pajamas for her from Nordstrom.

Now if you'll excuse us, it's getting late...

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #94
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
A fine NY strip stake...

We get the point.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #95
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
A fine NY strip stake, asparagus with goat cheese, a superb Chateauneuf du Pape, and Lindt chocolates, and a new pair of pajamas for her from Nordstrom.

The Doctor of Love
Old 02-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #96
Give me a forum ...

Invited my friend over for creamed baked cod, then we walked down the street and heard some lovely jazz- mostly love songs and bossa nova love songs for Valentine's Day. Wonderful trumpeter from NO named Michel Navedo and a trio. It was really satisfying.

Ha
Old 02-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #97
Give me a forum ...

I let my mom cook me a nice Valentine Day lunch. Am I a good son or what? I did buy her a box a chocolates and card.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #98
gone traveling

DW and I had a great Valentines weekend, spent Saturday in Salzburg and Sunday in Vienna, bundled up in wool coats, walking around in the snow, admiring the architecture, shopping, stopping for Viennese Coffee and Sacher Torte when it got too cold...had a nice hotel right across from the Opera House, we didn't go to the Opera, but it was fun to sit in our room and watch the folks who did; everyone was dressed to the nines... meanwhile we we in our pj's; ordered room service and enjoyed the most comfortable hotel bed either of us have ever experienced...and we both travel a lot on business.

A great trip, we really enjoyed it; DW remarked it was like a second honeymoon. (our anniversary is a few days before Valentines day, so this was a great time to take this trip)

She flew home this AM, I am in the business lounge at London Heathrow, will be working in the UK for a few days before heading home.

Will post a few photos when I get back, DW took more than your typical Japanese tourist...
Old 02-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #99
gone traveling

freebird, that prime rib is so rare it looks like a good veterinarian could save it...
Old 02-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #100
Administrator

Frank had to work overtime on Valentine's Day. He tried to get the day off, but his management has been requiring senior engineers to work 6-7 days/week for a long time, and 9-10+ hour days too. The amazing thing to me is that they wouldn't go for it despite the fact that he is scheduled to retire in conjunction with a layoff in a week and a half.

So, since he works swing shift we were able to have a quick lunch together - - just some egg drop soup and crawfish springrolls at a Chinese restaurant. Then he called me from work, which he almost never does, and we talked for quite a while. That was nice.

Besides, we are already making plans for a great celebration dinner as soon as he retires. That will be pretty romantic and he won't have to go to work the next day.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote