Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Vandalism
Old 07-20-2018, 06:27 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Keim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,219
Vandalism

This story might make you laugh: Over the weekend my garage door was vandalized. Someone wrote "shut your dog up" in permanent marker. Mortified that my dog had been a nuisance (first complaint we've heard in about ten years), I checked with a few neighbors to see how bad. All claimed not to notice him. One told me of the new college student tenant across the alley confronting him about his dog. That, and the timing of how new the tenant was gave me a strong suspect. Still, I couldn't be certain. What to do?

Not wanting to act in anger or do anything to an innocent party, I waited a few days. Then I took a sheet of paper and typed in 12pt font, middle of the page:

Woof!

I left it on his car windshield. If he didn't do it, no harm done. If he did, message sent. I know you did it.

Should be interesting to see if anything else happens.
__________________

__________________
You can't enlighten the unconscious.
But you can hit'em upside the head a few times to make sure they are really out...
Keim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2018, 06:37 PM   #2
gone traveling
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Deep South Bay
Posts: 744
I got a barking dog story too... my uncle was a cop in LA working nights and his neighbors dog would bark all day long when the owners were away working, he recorded the dog on a continuous tape and played it full blast at the fence line when he went to work, came home one morning and the neighbor says “shut your dog up” my uncles reply was “that’s your GD dog”
__________________

97guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.
Scrapr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bend
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
This story might make you laugh: Over the weekend my garage door was vandalized. Someone wrote "shut your dog up" in permanent marker. Mortified that my dog had been a nuisance (first complaint we've heard in about ten years), I checked with a few neighbors to see how bad. All claimed not to notice him. One told me of the new college student tenant across the alley confronting him about his dog. That, and the timing of how new the tenant was gave me a strong suspect. Still, I couldn't be certain. What to do?

Not wanting to act in anger or do anything to an innocent party, I waited a few days. Then I took a sheet of paper and typed in 12pt font, middle of the page:

Woof!

I left it on his car windshield. If he didn't do it, no harm done. If he did, message sent. I know you did it.

Should be interesting to see if anything else happens.
I believe the traditional response is a bag of poo on his porch. Flaming or not is at your discretion
Scrapr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:46 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Dash man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Limerick
Posts: 2,179
I once got a letter from the HOA that a neighbor had complained about my dog barking, which I thought was strange because I telecommuted from home for several years and my dog slept by my side most of the day. I asked my neighbors about it and all claimed they never noticed my dog barking. Never heard anything again.
Dash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:46 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Keim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapr View Post
I believe the traditional response is a bag of poo on his porch. Flaming or not is at your discretion
I considered holding the paper down with poo. But, not certain of guilt...
__________________
You can't enlighten the unconscious.
But you can hit'em upside the head a few times to make sure they are really out...
Keim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:48 PM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Keim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97guns View Post
I got a barking dog story too... my uncle was a cop in LA working nights and his neighbors dog would bark all day long when the owners were away working, he recorded the dog on a continuous tape and played it full blast at the fence line when he went to work, came home one morning and the neighbor says “shut your dog up” my uncles reply was “that’s your GD dog”
__________________

__________________
You can't enlighten the unconscious.
But you can hit'em upside the head a few times to make sure they are really out...
Keim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creepy vandalism.. rayinpenn Other topics 18 07-20-2018 11:54 AM

» Quick Links

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:18 PM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.