Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Very frustrated with Amazon.com
Old 09-25-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Very frustrated with Amazon.com

I ordered two books from Amazon about six weeks ago and they have not come. I have a print out after I ordered giving my order numbers and delivery date (estimated)

Money has been taken from charge card. I went on line just now to see what is happened. They show my account as having no orders pending. What is worse, there is no way to either e-mail them or call them. I have searced the site up and down and tried every link possible. Under the help sectiion they tell you to go to Contact Us. But there is no Contact Us.

I have ordered many times from them, but after this experience, I will seek another avenue for my books. Any recommendations?.

I know I can call my charge card company, but I have all ready paid bill in full. That is really rediculous when you are left with no way to contact company.
modhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Very frustrated with Amazon.com
Old 09-25-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Try clicking on "Help", logging into your account and clicking on the "Where's my stuff" link. When I do that, I see on the right side of the page a way to both email and to call them.

Old 09-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buying/mail.htm

Mail or Telephone Order Rule
By law, a company should ship your order within the time stated in its ads. If no time is promised, the company should ship your order within 30 days after receiving it.

If the company is unable to ship within the promised time, they must give you an “option notice.” This notice gives you the choice of agreeing to the delay or canceling your order and receiving a prompt refund.

There is one exception to the 30-day Rule: if a company doesn’t promise a shipping time, and you are applying for credit to pay for your purchase, the company has 50 days to ship after receiving your order.
eridanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

1-800-201-7575

I had to call them a while back on their crappy video download service, found the number in a google search.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:33 PM   #5

I've had good luck with Amazon. After I find a book I want, I look at their "used" link, which usually has multiple sellers offering the book (often new as well), for a substantial discount to Amazon's original new price. The sellers are independent from Amazon (at least from my viewpoint), and I often get the book within one week. Overall I get better response from Amazon and Ebay transactions than I do from most "bricks and morter" type firms that use the internet.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:25 PM   #6

Thanks guys. I found out what my problem was. Under View in the upper menu bar "Text Size" Largest was checked. Don't know how that happened. When I changed it back to medium, all new screens came up. So my fault. But thanks for your help. My computer has been doing some crazy things lately.
modhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:15 PM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by modhatter
I have ordered many times from them, but after this experience, I will seek another avenue for my books.* Any recommendations?.*
www.walmart.com

They charge a flat 97 cents to ship a book; they are fast; and if you don't like the book you can return it to a physical store for credit less your 97 cents.

A few books that amazon has they won’t have, but they have most of it.

Ha