Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgyn65 View Post
Does it matter ?
Yes, he was only 65, not all that old, especially to this group.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

All speculation, but with this much interest (Google Mark Haines Cause of Death) it will come out soon. To me it seems very unlikely that some unremarkable sort of sudden death like MI or stroke was found. Every rock star, movie actor, TV small or large presence the cause of death eventually comes out, and it will in Mark's case too.

Has it been mentioned that he got a post? If not, why not, since an apparently health man died at home without any call to 911 or trip to the hospital?

Was he alone? Was his wife or some other person present? Does he have a housekeeper?

As far as does it matter, what is modern media saturated life other than guiltfree voyeurism?

Ha
Old 05-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Enjoyed watching Mark myself, very unfortunate. It is very unusual that the cause or "reported cause" of death was not mentioned in articles. Even though he was a public person, he might have been a private person. The answer could be simply his wishes were to never release anything because he felt his health to be a private issue.
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #24

Some of the CNBC financial commentators on Wednesday morning said that Haines in fact had health issues that he mostly kept mum about, including a back problem--that being one reason he seldom came down to the trading floor to hang with his pals like he used to do in older days. But still...
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #25

Being a public person, I think the public has some right to know, if nothing more than a courtesy. Did he have a heart attack, blow his brains out, die in the saddle, I would like to know. I like and respected the guy and would like to know how he died.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #26

Mark smoked and had a dreadful diet. Some of the combinations are hard to believe, for example cheetos and ketchup, what a waste of ketchup!

I was listening to Larry Kudlow's radio show today and Larry said he died of a heart attack.
veremchuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #27

Cheetos! I love Cheetos. Always have, since I was a wee kid. Especially after putting a big bag of 'em in the fridge to cool. Cold Cheetos! Yum!

But, lately--as I've grown older and tried to figure out what calories, fat, and other stuff I ingest into my stomach--I've learned that Cheetos are heavy on calories. Damn!
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #28
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veremchuka View Post
Mark smoked and had a dreadful diet. Some of the combinations are hard to believe, for example cheetos and ketchup, what a waste of ketchup!

I was listening to Larry Kudlow's radio show today and Larry said he died of a heart attack.
On the "Tearful Goodbye" clip posted earlier, Erin indicated to Mark "I know you'll be changing the types of foods you eat soon".
gindie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:52 PM   #29

Yeah, I'll miss him; listened daily on my way to work. Will miss his candid comments.
Surewhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #30

Sorry for using the W-word...
Surewhitey is offline   Reply With Quote