Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Video dating pointers
Old 01-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Video dating pointers

Uhh, guys? I get the feeling these clips do not present to finest in how to present our plumage to the female viewers. Very happy not to have to avail myself of those services or be on the prowl anymore.

Video Mate Dating Challenge
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

Oh man...I needed that laugh!

Geez...if I find myself single at some point, I think I'm gonna stay that way.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Skip to 1:49

Yes, I am the Goddess.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

The guy at 1:03 is definitely gay. But some of the others were pretty scary!
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

God that was painful. The viking guy was my fav. If I was gay or a woman I'd be all over him...
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Rather than do that - I rather get another used pickup - with rusty fender and take my dogs fishing while wearing bib overalls.

But then again - it's winter.

heh heh heh - .
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Ellen DeGeneris had a good time with this on her show. She even found some of these guys and invited them to join her on air. I am not sure that, thirty (forty?) years later, things really changed for them... tough call.

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2009/09/...ideos-0922.php

RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Man, what these poor guys had to go through to find a mate! However, wouldn't there be women out there looking too? I want to see some female videos.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:07 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick View Post
Rather than do that - I rather get another used pickup - with rusty fender and take my dogs fishing while wearing bib overalls.

Yeah, real men don't make videos. Best folks I know would be awful on camera. Psst, is quiche allowed these days?
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #10
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
. Very happy not to have to avail myself of those services or be on the prowl anymore.

Video Mate Dating Challenge

Does this mean you did avail yourself of these services and where is your tape ?
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Does this mean you did avail yourself of these services and where is your tape ?
Did not avail - back when i was a lonely man they didn't have video dating - you paid the towne crier seven groats and had him hie himself through the village, calling out; "Lad of sound limb and even temper, of some prospect, free of pox and with most teeth withal, doth seek young maid of like disposition, clean of limb and spirit. Biggeth boobeth a plus. Most Urgent"!

All of the above is not true. I had to pay four groats extra.

Some of my mating ritual is remembered with embarrassment - having it immortalized on film or the web would just be too cruel.
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post
Psst, is quiche allowed these days?
Only if you also know how to make it.

No, I still do not make it, but would eat if someone else does.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I find video and public dating site to be the PG-rated version of a $40 hooker standing on the street corner. If everybody can know everything about you, then what is the draw, and where is the mystery?
BunsGettingFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:02 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

At first I thought calmloki meant goat instead of groat, then he mentioned it again spelled the same way. I had to look up 'groat'....fascinating the things I learn on this forum.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunsGettingFirm View Post
I find video and public dating site to the PG-rated version of a $40 hooker standing on the street corner. If everybody can know everything about you, then what is the draw, and where is the mystery?
$40, eh, you sound very knowledgeable. The mystery is in which street corner do you find which type of street walker, the other day one of those guys(?) was eyeing me, no doubt because I look like an undercover cop, and I took him/her as a cross-dresser. Honestly, I'm not on the prawl; new hobby is taking me into the seamy side sometimes. Sorry, Buns, I seem to have misinterpreted your post, this is pre-coffee time among the retired. nm, it's Sunday of a loooong weekend.
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunsGettingFirm View Post
I find video and public dating site to the PG-rated version of a $40 hooker standing on the street corner. If everybody can know everything about you, then what is the draw, and where is the mystery?
BGF -- how would you suggest that older singles meet?

As someone who is single and participating on an online dating site, I'd respond by saying it's just a modern means of meeting someone.

The profiles that are posted online give a little information and usually a few pictures.

If that profile looks and sounds interesting, (that is both the draw and the mystery). then you can start emailing that person which might lead to a phone call and, hopefully, a "meet & greet" at a local coffee shop or restaurant.

If the in-person meeting goes well, a request for a date is the typical outcome.

As we get older, I think it's more difficult to meet people (fewer of us enjoy hanging out at clubs and bars hoping to meet someone)...and it's harder to discern who is single and who is not (as compared to people in their 20's -- when a greater percentage are single and actively looking).

They still say the best way to meet a likely dating partner is through friends and family. At the same time, I think a lot of people are loathe to fix two people up, just in case it doesn't work out.

omni
omni550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #17

I still prefer to meet women in person. I can usually get a vibe from them about how much work, read usually not a trivial amount, I will need to do to convince them. If you really would prefer to go the online route, my suggestion is to use a site that's a bit more private such as eHarmony. Sites such as Match.com opens you up to the jokes that we are cracking now about the videos in this thread.

CuppaJoe, give me some credit. $40? I spend at at least $45.
BunsGettingFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #18

Omni550: Don't be offended as everyone is just having fun. Nothing wrong with personals as W2R met her Frank there, and that seems to have jelled spectacularly. We funni'n...chill.

Me, however, I plan to go out alot when I'm ready to meet the opposite sex. Places like the health club and similar interests...maybe hang around Home Depot..ha! Too many "players" on those personals I think who aren't really serious on most of those boards, but you never know (refer to above).

EHarmony's owner has some right-wing religious affiliation, so he isn't exactly objective in his personality "assessment" test. I'd pass that particular one up myself. Do know some who had great luck with Match.com, tho.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #19
Give me a forum ...

My 63 year old sister has just signed up with PlentyOfFish.com. Should be interesting.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #20
Give me a forum ...

Bridge? One of the guys(in his 60's) at the ole doughnut shop recently divorced swears by the Bridge club/tournaments he plays 2-3 times a week.

heh heh heh - me I must have that forlorn look in my ratty overalls - I used to get nailed before I realized I've been got. It sure 'wasn't' my social grace/good looks/etc.

Hmmm - now that I think of it - I wonder if Bridge helped cause the divorce??
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote