Join Early Retirement Today
Old 12-09-2007, 07:05 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.
Yep just the $25 option 1 online to save the stamp. I did study the thing for awhile was thinkining scam scam scam.

I highjacked a rainbow and crashed into a pot of gold - Bon Jovi
Darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets
Thanks for the thread guys. I was debating if it was a scam till I saw this. Btw I picked Option2

Hope springs eternal in the human breast:Man never is, but always to be blest.
The soul, uneasy and confined from home,Rests and expatiates in a life to come.
lswswein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:09 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
We have been out of the country many many times on vacation since the settlement. But most of the money was spent directly with a domestic company for arrangements. They in-turn spent internationally.

I am going for the $25.

Visa/MC is getting too big and too powerful when it comes to holding sway over our currency transactions.

Electronic currency and transaction are becoming so prevalent... I am beginning to wonder when we (as a country) will need to make fundamental changes.
chinaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:29 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Option 2-- seven weeks x $25/week.

Correcting that future value to present value (after appeals) and adjusting for inflation & over-subscription puts us at... about 25 cents.

With all of spouse's government-sponsored travel to Thailand over the last five years, it's a shame she hasn't been ID'd for this yet.

The book written on, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:45 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I received it also. I was looking for some papers for our health spending account today and ran across it. I have not read it yet though.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:00 AM   #26
Give me a forum ...
Hmmm... I wonder what will happen with me....

I lived in London for 14 months but did not use my card for that much... but did take trips while living in London.... so do I get the whole 14 months or only the 6 to 8 weeks traveling
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #27
Texas, I'd put the whole time down. We lived on our boat in the Bahamas for part of that time, and I included that in the 19 weeks we listed in Option 2. Now, I wonder how many years it will be before we see this money?
“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.”
Gerard Arthur Way

Sarah in SC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #28
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just submitted option 2 for 135 days over 10+ years. (Life in 7 years of ER has been good!)

Just wondering though if they can dial down the Option 1 $25 payment based on numbers of people replying, too. A side of me wonders whether several years from now we won't all be getting $8 or $9 while the lawyers walk away with $120 million. After all, if they have 332 million to spend, 10 million visa users asking for $25 apiece could use up 250 million and that doesn't even get to Option 2 or 3 (which they clearly state can be dialed down based on number of people applying...) I dunno....

I filed though because I was so sore for many years about Visa and MC (and Amex -- how did they get out of this suit?) doing this forex scam -- I'm glad the suit is requiring them to pay up and presumably mend their ways. I was particularly miffed to learn that not only were they putting on the 2% transaction fee, but they were also sometimes not giving the interbank rate that they swore up and down they were giving for the day's exchange rate. Trouble was you could never check it or call them on it. I guess class action is the only way.
ESRBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #29
Give me a forum ...
Well, just got out my passport and put in the days in the system.... over 460...

Now.. if I get back all I will be RICH.. RICH I say....

Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote