W.C. Fields anyone?

ronin

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My wife and I both have fairly mild cases of rosacea. :-[  The triggers seem to be sun, spicy food, alcohol, hot weather, coffee ... many of the usual suspects, I guess.  We control it with metrogel and behavior moderation.  But living in So Cal, as a surfer, martial artist who eats lots of Mex food and likes margies to wash it down... you get the picture.  Now I definitely don't want gin blossoms and a bulbous shnozzola so I have to stay fairly serious about it.  Anyone else affected and how do you deal with it?

One of my friends has it. He dealt with it the way he got it-drinking plenty and hanging out at the race track and swimming pool.

So now he looks just like the great W.C. Doesn't bother me, and I don't think it bothers him.

Ha

I have had it for years...

and have taken Metrolotion (prescribed by dermatologist) all that time.
I rub it on my cheeks (facial) and nose twice daily.  Dr sez I will have to for the rest of my life.

But no signs of it anywhere.

My facial skin gets pink easily (people used to inquire about my "sunburn"), and a dermatologist years ago told me I had mild rosacea. But my current doc sez I don't--just hypersensitive skin. What I do now is wash my face with something expensive and very mild, get a facial from a medical assistant every few months (I'm leaving shortly for an apptmt, in fact), use non-allergenic sunscreen whenever I go outside in the daytime (ordinary sunscreen gives me hives even on my less-sensitive arms & legs), and occasionally use what's left of my Metrogel. My skin looks better with this $ treatment, although the facials leave me red for a few days.

Jay_Gatsby said:
Have you tried this stuff?

I haven't but thanks, I'll look for it.  My dermatologist recommended what I think is this (the spf45): http://www.aveeno.com/detailAction.do?id=3967, but I stopped using it due to its obnoxious smell (to me at least, my wife doesn't seem to mind) and its annoying propensity to migrate into my eyes.  I use coppertone sport 50 and like its performance, especially in the water.

I kinda wouldn't mind the scaring of little kids, but when the puppies start running the other way and I start calling everyone my little chickadee, I think I'll know I've let myself go to far.

I use 1% metrogel which I'm guessing is similar in composition, being a gel rather than a lotion.

There are laser treatments for this at "medispas"

IPL - intensive pulse light facials is one treatment, reduces redness as well as sunspots/freckles.

Theres a newer one - targets all redness, spider veins, etc.

Back
Top Bottom