Waking up with Bill Murray

gcgang

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Watching Charlie Rose show with guest Bill Murray.

Rose asked him what he wanted that he didn't have. Murray said he wanted to wake up better, to Keep an eye on what you do when you wake up.

He went on, Sometimes you think, damn, this pillow feels good, or gee, I wish I were somewhere else. Instead, be appreciative of the gift that waking up is. He mentioned a preacher who said, how about this: You wake up and say, Lord, what do you want me to do today?

Being retired, while its nice to not " have" to get up, I think I need to work on my waking up, too. Having an attitude of gratitude, being excited about what one can do to be of service in this world, is something I also need to work on.

Thanks for clarifying that. I tuned in right in the middle of that exchange and did really get the gist of what he was saying.

And I for one *AM* appreciative! Even with all the downside and "near death experiences" of the past 18 years. Even knowing "I built that", so to speak, I also know that no matter what you do it could have turned out some other way.

But I must say, The Lord's bulletin board has a lot of white space on it since I retired

Back
Top Bottom