Walking sandal recommendations for women

Scuba

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Now that I've ER'd, I realize I need some different clothes and shoes for my new lifestyle. I'm looking for a comfortable sandal that is supportive enough to walk in for a couple of miles, but also somewhat attractive so it looks good with a casual sundress, shorts, or skirt. I have great sneakers for my workout walks, but they don't look so good with dresses. I have a narrow foot. Any recommendations?

I don't know how you'll like the style but may I suggest Teva sandals? I have had a pair of their fisherman sandals for 30 years. They have been to Southeast Asia walking everywhere. Every summer they are the first pair of sandals I take out.

I injured my ankle last year. Those are the only sandals supportive enough.

They have held up strong and true. I'd hope that all their line is of the quality of this pair.

I have some Teva hiking sandals which have been good. Was really hoping to find something a bit more fashionable/"cute" to wear with dresses. I'll take a look at their website as maybe they have newer styles that would work for me. Thanks!

I have Ecco sandals that work for that.

I don't know how you'll like the style but may I suggest Teva sandals? I have had a pair of their fisherman sandals for 30 years. They have been to Southeast Asia walking everywhere. Every summer they are the first pair of sandals I take out.

I injured my ankle last year. Those are the only sandals supportive enough.

They have held up strong and true. I'd hope that all their line is of the quality of this pair.

Wow - I didn't realize how far Teva has come with their styles. Looks like a lot of cuter options! Thanks!!

Keen

DW & I both wear Keen walking sandals. They are also good for wet conditions, like hiking in a creek bed or along the shoreline.

Keen does a great job standing behind their product, as well. My pair of sandals developed a small tear on one of straps after I had worn them for 11 months. And believe me, those sandals took a beating during that time. I contacted Keen and they asked that I take a photo of the damaged sandal and email it to them along with a copy of the purchase receipt. Within an hour of sending the information, I received a reply from Keen and an online coupon good for $100 purchase on their website.

DW & I also wear Keen hiking shoes and those have been some of the best we've owned. The quality of their footwear and the fact that they stood fully behind their product is why we recommend them without hesitation.

DW loves Tevas.

Wow - I didn't realize how far Teva has come with their styles. Looks like a lot of cuter options! Thanks!!
I haven't seen their styles for awhile either. Some are cute! Regarding the other post, I've also heard lots of good things about Keen and always wanted to try those. I think you should get one of each and tell us how you like them! [emoji57]

Merrell's. They have some strappy sandals that are super comfortable and don't look dorky like some Teva's or Keen's do. I mean, I love dorky myself most of the time and have Teva's, but when I'm wearing a pretty summer sundress? No! Look for Terran Lattice. I also have a older pair before they started with the decorative strap that is all leather.

This is a very helpful thread as I am in the market for comfortable, attractive walking sandals as well. Thanks for all the terrific recommendations!

Keen does a great job standing behind their product, as well. My pair of sandals developed a small tear on one of straps after I had worn them for 11 months. And believe me, those sandals took a beating during that time. I contacted Keen and they asked that I take a photo of the damaged sandal and email it to them along with a copy of the purchase receipt. Within an hour of sending the information, I received a reply from Keen and an online coupon good for $100 purchase on their website.

How were you able to lay your hands on a receipt almost a full year later? Or were you able to somehow do so electronically?

Hastily misread headline as Walking scandal. Uh, nevermind, carry on.

This is a very helpful thread as I am in the market for comfortable, attractive walking sandals as well. Thanks for all the terrific recommendations!

How were you able to lay your hands on a receipt almost a full year later? Or were you able to somehow do so electronically?

I was wondering that myself! If online order, I'd have the receipt in my email, but if a bricks & mortar purchase, I wouldn't have the receipt from a year ago.

Thanks for all of your input! I think I will make a trip to The Walking Company store to try various brands on and see what feels best.

Will also look up these recommendations online, and will let everyone know what I buy and how I like it.

My daughter clued me in on Zappos. If you aren't up to running around at shoe stores they ship, and you can return, for free.

I ordered the sandals from Amazon. Records of purchases are kept on their website for 18 months or so.

Now that I've ER'd, I realize I need some different clothes and shoes for my new lifestyle. I'm looking for a comfortable sandal that is supportive enough to walk in for a couple of miles, but also somewhat attractive so it looks good with a casual sundress, shorts, or skirt. I have great sneakers for my workout walks, but they don't look so good with dresses. I have a narrow foot. Any recommendations?

My wife has these sandals, they have sparkly things on them, I think they were $19.99, they look fabulous, . She got them at Marty's shoe store. Oh, they have lots of seats there, so bringing someone for their opinion is great too, they can sit and relax while you peruse the store.

I have the clunky Tevas for hiking / casual wear, but if I want to look a little nicer I have Teva wedge sandals. They are very comfortable and more stylish than the old standby everyday Tevas.

I like Vionic for arch support (get a little PF every now and then). Also endorse zappos so you can play shoe store in your house... it's the only way I ever get DH to try new shoes.

DW & I both wear Keen walking sandals. They are also good for wet conditions, like hiking in a creek bed or along the shoreline.

DW & I also wear Keen hiking shoes and those have been some of the best we've owned. The quality of their footwear and the fact that they stood fully behind their product is why we recommend them without hesitation.

Another vote for Keens - my gal was just up on the Athabasca glacier this Tuesday in her Keens - sans socks, no slipping.

Attachments

• IMG_2652.jpg
    IMG_2652.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 42
Another vote for Keens - my gal was just up on the Athabasca glacier this Tuesday in her Keens - sans socks, no slipping.

I have that exact shoe,but it's not really a walking scandal....it's a flip flop the problem with buying a walking scandal is it takes a lot of walking to figure out if they work for you ...I like Eccos...

I found the best sandals ever - I have high arches, plantar fasciitis and was an RN for 20+ years so always on my feet. The brand is Vital, they are Austrian made and I bought two pairs this spring while I was in Munich. They have a wedge heel and are actually cute. I get lots of complements on them. I can walk for miles and they look great with a dress. I tried on the ones with a wooden foot bed, but they didn't fit as well. Next year when I go back to Munich I will get more. You can find them online, but keep them in mind for anyone travelling to Germany.

Closer to home my favorite brand of shoes is Aetrex.

I have that exact shoe,but it's not really a walking scandal....it's a flip flop the problem with buying a walking scandal is it takes a lot of walking to figure out if they work for you ...I like Eccos...

Well, they aren't really mukluks or hiking boots either - but the gal insists they are the only shoe for her. Just can't get her to suffer the restriction of something that encloses her foot. Unfettered kinda gal.

Back
Top Bottom