Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
font is too small - please post again? either that or my eyes are getting really bad. naaaaahhhhhh
Just click on it, a larger image will appear.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
Just click on it, a larger image will appear.
thanks, i did, and the font was really jaggy. still couldn't read it.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Try clicking again on the second image...
Old 11-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
ok that worked. some of the letters were missing pixels, but it was large enough to be able to guess at the letters. TY both for your help!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Yes. Note my whine from last August:

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...man-38085.html

Most don't realize that you need to click twice to see the full image.

It would be better if a click brought up the full-sized image immediately.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:25 PM   #26
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
Yes. Note my whine from last August:

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...man-38085.html

Most don't realize that you need to click twice to see the full image.

It would be better if a click brought up the full-sized image immediately.
Agree whole heartedly!
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #27

My Wal-Mart must be different - I don't think I could get halfway to Bingo on either of those cards.

It is more of a multi-cultural Wally World near me than many others I guess. I found myself chuckling the other day when I heard this announcement over the PA:
Quote:
"Julio, Chaka Khan and Roy, please report to receiving."
My wife got a compliment of sorts there one day shortly after Katrina when she helped a black woman get something that was displayed too high for her to reach.
Quote:
"They got the nicest white folks here!"
Old 11-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
My Wal-Mart must be different - I don't think I could get halfway to Bingo on either of those cards.

It is more of a multi-cultural Wally World near me than many others I guess.....
Well, I wuz gonna try not to appear un-PC...but......it ain't never happen in the past...soooo.....

Let me preface this with a small amount (a verrry small amount) of info. I live in a mostly rural area in north central IL......farm country. You've seen pix of what are considered typical 'redneck' dwellings (a.k.a. mobile homes house trailers), and you want to believe that they are located in remote areas of perhaps rural Kentucky, or somewhere like that. Nope! They look like some of our neighborhoods around here! We also have a plethora of folks with 2 first names...Billy Bob....Jimmy Lee....Bobby Charles....etc. There's a small town....a really small town a few miles north of us, that has a neighborhood called "Booger Hollow".

Remember, this is NORTH central IL...NOT Appalachia....NOT (stereotypical) Kentucky....NORTH central IL.

That said.....I could take that first 'Wal-Mart Bingo' card to our local Wally World, and 'BINGO!" before I got to sportin' goods! Heck, for that matter, I'd almost be willing to bet that I could "Bingo!"...or at least only be maybe one square away.....before I got past the 'greeter'.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Okay, Janet's Bingo card is even more hilarious!
High Karate sale?
And I know which one is impossible to get--the high quality one of a kind goods!

I go grudgingly to Wal-Mart, I just can't handle that much GP (general public) interaction. I know you can save money there, but it just doesn't seem to be worth the psychic price to go.

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
That said.....I could take that first 'Wal-Mart Bingo' card to our local Wally World, and 'BINGO!" before I got to sportin' goods! Heck, for that matter, I'd almost be willing to bet that I could "Bingo!"...or at least only be maybe one square away.....before I got past the 'greeter'.

You've outdone yourself with this post, Goonie!

Just wondering, is there now a WalMart in Northern Illinois? Back a few years, I remember my relatives from the Chicago suburbs would cross the border into WI to go to WalMart. They loved it. It was something to do away from the relatives; oh, that would be me. Back a few years earlier my family would slip across the border into IL to buy oleo which was not sold in WI. We felt like bootleggers.
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #31
Give me a forum ...

I can't abide the misspelling of such an American icon as "Hai Karate"...

Be careful how you use it...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post
You've outdone yourself with this post, Goonie!

Just wondering, is there now a WalMart in Northern Illinois?
Of course there are! I think it's the Official State Bird...Tree....Lizard....Fish.....Store...that's it the Official State Store! And in keeping with that, I won't shoot the State Bird....cut down the State Tree....Make belts out of the State Lizard....pan fry the State Fish....or. heaven forbid.....shop at the State Store! I'd rather have a root canal, than shop at Wally World! Although I admit (grudgingly) that I do take my Mom there every 3 months to pick up one of her prescriptions.

Anyway, Wally's built his World in just about every community around here that has breathing people. We have 4 within 15-25 miles...and a 5th one is supposed to get built in a town 15 miles south of us. And there's another 6 or 8 within a 25-40 mile radius. Oh, and by the way.....they're ALL "Super Centers"......whoopy-ding! I use to tolerate our old "regular" Wally World, but utterly detest the "Super" series.....They have far less variety, but more of it....and I don't think any of the employees have a clue where anything is located....or else they're just minions of the local physicians, who pay them under the table to send shoppers on 'wild goose chases' just so the shoppers will get their recommended daily allowance of exercise like their doctors have told them to get.

Plus, with many (most) of their clothing, housewares, tools, hardware, and that sorta stuff made in China, Bangladesh, and other fur'un countries.....I'm a bit worried where their food products originate from, and am therefore quite hesitant to by groceries there. Heck, if I want Chinese food, I'll go somewhere where they have real, authentic Chinese food.....like Sven & Pablo McPherson's Peking Dragon Chinese Restaurant & Pizzeria!
----------------------------------------------------------

The "Cliffs Notes" version of the above dissertation: "I really don't like Wally World."
Old 11-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #33

Goonie...you sure you're not Larry the Cable guy?
happy2bretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bretired View Post
Goonie...you sure you're not Larry the Cable guy?
Shhhhhh! Don't blow my cover!

Oh, here's one more before I bail outta here to git me some possum 'n' grits fer lunch....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shopper_attire.jpg (74.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 11-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #35
Recycles dryer sheets

Goonie, thanks for helping the guys and me get relief from double secret probation.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightasadrum View Post
PC insensitive? For sure. True? Many are. Personal choices as opposed to being down on their luck? nearly half of them. Of course, whose to say which choices in life represent good taste since that is so much a function of your background and how you're raised? And I think basic hygiene transcends class and financial position. Shoot, I bathe at least once a week whether I need it or not.
You fail to account for mental illness which ravages the person's ability to care for themselves.

I am always surprised that people continually judge others by what they themselves are capable of doing. I think this is a real failure of human imagination.
Zoocat is offline   Reply With Quote