Walter Becker RIP

RIP Walter you made some great music. Never before had I heard where the name Steely Dan originated from.

Very sad indeed. I've been a Steely Dan fanatic since about 1977. I've studied their music inside/out. Walter had to be the most intelligent individual to ever get caught up in the music business, which was quite amusing to watch at times. The Becker/Fagen songwriting duo was something very special and unique. Donald will carry on with live performances, but it's very sad to realize there will never again be a Becker/Fagen writing collaboration. RIP Brother.

I've shared this elsewhere on social media, seems like it's appropriate here as well.

As a preacher's kid in a small Texas town I still remember Do It Again and Reelin' In The Years on my small Zenith tube radio. As a big-city high school student in the 70's I included their Aja album in my one and only Columbia House record club purchase. Their hits all coincided with my junior high and high school years. They are a major component of the soundtrack of my life.

In the 2000's I purchased three CD's to update/replicate my old vinyl collection. Aja was one of the three.

I've shared this elsewhere on social media, seems like it's appropriate here as well.

As a preacher's kid in a small Texas town I still remember Do It Again and Reelin' In The Years on my small Zenith tube radio. ...

I also recall hearing "Do It Again" on a small tube tabletop radio. One of the amazing things to me is how Steely Dan so carefully engineered their sound, that it sounded great even on a little radio. They were masters of keeping the sound uncluttered, so each instrument rang out.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom