Want, but don't need

Still regaining my sense of balance after a stroke (very slow going here). But once that's done I wouldn't mind fleshing out the stable a bit. Already ride a cruiser, but would like a nice cafe racer as well (maybe a Triumph Thruxton).

I am assuming you want a POWERED vehicle? the Bacchetta Cafe is a recumbent......powered by YOU...and quite nice I might add......

I want a good foot spa that heats water and maintains that temperature :D

I do take a trip at least once a month, the main want that I'm succumbing to.

OK.... I am applying my (not really applicable) rights to what is WANTING. A foot massage does NOT qualify. Nice.....oh....so nice...but NOT qualifies. I had some inappropriate comments...but, being the "make nice" world that we live in......I chose...........

OK....you are really starting to **** me off....come on....realistic. The next thing will be the Seattle Mariners are winning the World Series....HEHEEHEHEHE....of course they are......

DW and I got back into camping the last 10 years and really enjoyed it. But we'd like to have an option other than a tent (amazing we have yet to encounter bad weather, unlike when our sons were in the boy scouts), particularly as we age. So a want is a popup camper, along with a mid-size SUV to pull it. We'd still bring the tent but having a choice would be nice. But, if we don't do that we figure we always have the cabin/lodge options at most places.

I would actually like to go back to Okinawa in the Fall with my wife.....HOT weather and jumping in the ocean to cool off. Might happen....but better happen in the next 3 years before a friend of mine retires.....can probably handle the plane fare.....

Camera gear - Nikon D4, 70-200mm f/2.8, 200mm macro f/4, 14-14mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, 80-400mm VR, 200mm f/2.0 etc., etc.

And the hardest part of all - the knowledge and skills to use them effectively.

I just started retirement and am planning on purchasing:

A used Sportsmobile
A smart phone
A Personal Locator Beacon (I will use the REI gift card my coworkers gave me)

A used Sportsmobile
A smart phone

Helen,
You might want to check out ting.com for a smartphone. You can save much money over the big players. I purchased an LG Android phone for $80 and spend less than $11 out the door for data. Note I use PagePlus separately for voice for about $80/year.

-gauss

A new RV. Our current one built in the early 90s works great, is very comfortable and is all we really need. Can't justify the expense to buy a newer one because this one is just fine. But I would love to have one with a king sized bed!

Ooh, just thought of something else. I would love a new soaker bathtub. But I can't have one since I remodeled our master bath last year and decided not to replace the tub because I couldn't find one I liked better. Just after getting done I stumbled on one I really loved. Now I can't justify the cost of ripping out the new work to get the new tub in there. Bummer!

Last edited:

A used Sportsmobile
A smart phone

I haven't retired yet but am jealous of your toy list...mostly because of where my imagination goes with regard to the Sportsmobile and Personal Locator Beacon combination.

I have a good cabover camper (9.0) for my 3/4 ton Chevy - both are 2002.
I lust for a dually with a double slide (11.5) cabover - so much room and a nice large bathroom and dinette. But the cost vs. true difference in comfort/room just does not compute for my frugal self.......maybe at DOW 17,000 :cool:

Let's see....what do I want but not need?

A boat
A really fancy coffee maker
A winning lottery ticket

That's about it. Of the three, the only one I'm anyway likely to get is the coffee maker. :LOL:

Still regaining my sense of balance after a stroke (very slow going here). But once that's done I wouldn't mind fleshing out the stable a bit. Already ride a cruiser, but would like a nice cafe racer as well (maybe a Triumph Thruxton).

Good luck with the rehab, chilkoot. Riding is an important boost for me as well; get a buddy or two to watch out for you and keep going. The Triumphs look good and sound nice, too. ;)

The thing that most comes to mind is a 65" flat-screen t.v. to replace my old rear projection model. It's a "want" because my current t.v. still works just fine, but it doesn't have all the newest connections and features (like HDMI and 3D, etc.). Now the funny thing is, I could easily afford to go out and buy a top-of-the-line flat screen with all the bells and whistles today, but my frugal nature says I can probably get another year or two out of the old t.v. Hmmm... it is 12 years old, though. Maybe it's time. :)

The thing that most comes to mind is a 65" flat-screen t.v. to replace my old rear projection model. It's a "want" because my current t.v. still works just fine, but it doesn't have all the newest connections and features (like HDMI and 3D, etc.). Now the funny thing is, I could easily afford to go out and buy a top-of-the-line flat screen with all the bells and whistles today, but my frugal nature says I can probably get another year or two out of the old t.v. Hmmm... it is 12 years old, though. Maybe it's time. :)

My TV is a 1997 27" Panasonic Gaoo. It works just fine. I can't remember the last time I turned it on. :LOL:

Another want for a new RV, have a Hybrid trailer, want a Class B like the Sportsmobile or Pleasure-Way.

Back
Top Bottom