Want, but don't need

F4mandolin

Full time employment: Posting here.
1. Trade in my mandolin ($5-6K) for an octave mandolin.
2. Trade in my current bicycle (Bacchetta Giro 26....weighs a ton) for a Bacchetta carbon 2.0....(doesn't weigh a ton)

That's it....my needs are simple....but expensive, although not for some of you. I could buy a good octave mandolin for $3k, but the bike would cost $4-5K. Final product would only put me in the hole for$2-3K extra. To some...this is still a drop in the bucket.

What do you want......but don't need? And I'm NOT talking about buying an aircraft carrier for your cruises....or a personal jet to fly to Europe...keep it within reality. I could easily have said a £400,000+ house in N Yorkshire....NOT realistic, at least not for me. I still kind of like this house..but it doesn't have a garage.
2 bedroom terraced house for sale in Chevin Side, Otley, LS21
My wife is back now for a visit....it's snowing in places.....

I want to build a 50 foot catamaran. I have no idea how much that would cost, but it's something that is a real possibility. But my toys are generally much less expensive than yours...a couple hundred on brewing equipment, my bike is a garage sale item (heavy is good because I ride for exercise). I still have my Fender Precision bass from 40 years ago...still works for me.

Nope....boats don't work for me unless they are large.....too much puking involved. My wife would die for a ride on a 3 master old style ship...but then again, she wants to ride first class across Australia on rail.....I would love that as well, but am too cheap...

Well, we just bought a travel trailer a couple months ago, but it is 35' and is really better for RV parks than for state parks in the forest (it won't fit in the 30' +/- spaces at my favorite spots) so I want a second trailer at 18-20'...a hybrid with pop-out tents at the front and back end. We'll probably pick one up next year. We debated a lot when we got the big one but decided to get it because it will be used for the long overland trips and 10-14 day visits to see the kids. The smaller one will be used for 3-4 days at a time in our local mountains. In the meantime, I will have to use a tent (and I am getting too old for that).

R

I want a closet company to organize my closet & then I want someone to organize my clothes , accesories and shoes so I can get ready in a flash & look great .

No real wants for physical stuff, but I'd really like to see improved public transportation in my area.

[edit]
Would really like to be able to grow grass in the increasingly bald spots underneath my trees.

-gauss

Last edited:
About the only thing I want (but certainly don't "need") is more land. I might be happy if it took me 10 mins or more to drive to the front gate.

I thought everybody in Texas had long driveways.....keeps people from killing their neighbors......:cool:

Damn....I forgot about the expensive digital camera that I crave. My wife ( who scoffs at my whims....after all, she's British) says I don't need it....damn it, she's right....but...

My "wants but not needs" would include:
new tablet
better cell phone (my phone is about 5 yrs old)
new tires (but this will become more of a need in about 6 mos with more mileage)
Vacation to Australia
Vacation to Alaska
More songs for my ipod

If you say Hasselblad...well.......all I can say is.....you have money OR taste. Possibly both...but alcohol is required.......

A buddy of mine wanted me to go with him on one of his "wishes"...he wanted to buy a float plane and make his way from the US to Okinawa. He didn't do it.....but, kind of wish he had...good trip it would have been.

A really nice 1893-S Morgan Silver Dollar.

If you want an MS 63 or better (I actually saw one once) then you might want to sell a couple hundred ounces of gold, your house, a few cars, some stocks and bonds before you start looking.

Last edited:
New tires David1961:confused: At least a NEW car?? As long as we are wishing......

Yes, either new tires or a new car. If my car starts having problems in the next few months, the new car want may replace my new tires want. Otherwise, hopefully I can wait another 4-5 years before the new car want. Of course, by that time, the new car may be a NEED.

Jeez....I really AM stupid, I thought the Morgan 1893 had something to do with the car.....not a coin.....I really prefer a Morgan CAR anytime....Don't care if it works very well as long as there is someone in the car who can fix it...near a pub preferably...

Back
Top Bottom