Join Early Retirement Today

Want to have a heart attack? Use Fidelity CD ladder tool
Old 09-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Want to have a heart attack? Use Fidelity CD ladder tool

/rant on
Got a bizzare text message claiming to be a Fidelity alert this morning.
It claimed I just had a 50000 @ $100 transaction complete (that totals $5,000,000... a wee bit more than my entire extended families net worth).
Since I didn't have any transactions scheduled for this week and no transactions @ $100 prices, I thought it was a scam text... but I did have 6 CD ladder rung scheduled for next week.
So I log onto Fidelity's website and find the xaction code was REAL (panic shift into high gear), but the web link for that code was "unavailable" (panic shift into over drive).
I go to the Fidelity orders page an it is showing one of the CDs set to close next week closed today instead... and it shows a qty=50,000 at $100 each, but the total is $50,000. It was supposed to be 50 CDs at $1000 each.

Turns out Fidelity doesn't know the difference between a % sign and a $ sign. What they where trying to tell me is that the order
a) completed a week early... supposedly if it sells out they complete it early, but interest still won't start for another week.
b) was for 100% of par (its a CD...)
c) It took 90 minutes on hold with 4 different people to find out "we know that message is confusing and we keep telling "them" to fix it"

/rant off
as you were.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!