Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #161
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:05 PM   #162

CFB, you devil! <snort>

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:05 PM   #163
Give me a forum ...

I've got a couple of larger ones if this continues.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:05 PM   #164
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

this hijacking would not be complete without...
The PoopReport: Travel Logs

explore hygiene in foreign lands.

CFB, you look like you are ready to take on your needs already!

whatever I posted.. that is what I think. Why should I lie, hedge, or prevaricate on an anonymous forum?
Old 09-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #165
Give me a forum ...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg big shovel.jpg (111.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #166
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Looked like she has a chance of wearing one out.
Her shovel would be blue, not gold-plated.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:06 PM   #167
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Does Gabe's mother know you were posing him again?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #168

I skimmed through much of the thread and am now hungry for a bacon something. I also may have missed some points made along the way that may or may not be similar to mine, but it wasn't in the first two or three pages.

I think there is probably a generation gap issue or two here with whether or not "roughing him up" was appropriate action. But the legal issues are important to heed.

However, an alternative way to handle it would be to draw his actions to public attention to embarrass him. Rather loudly say something along the lines of "it's really impolite to take breast shots of my wife to send to your buddies". This embarasses him and opens him to scrutiny of others nearby who may beat him for you add to the peer pressure of making him stop or be friendly witnesses to a police report if necessary. If the first thing they notice was you grabbing his arm the police report looks a lot different.

If the guy were to try to justify the photos he would be severely outnumbered in the argument. If he tries to dodge the issue and continue taking sneak photos he'll have far more eyes noticing and objecting. It severely limits his effective actions. Laying a hand on him without others noticing why gives him tons of ammunition to use against you in a number of ways socially and legally.

I've found that many people are shy to take the first step of action even if they notice it but will eagerly fall in line to support someone who is bold enough to challenge a perceived wrongdoing, and the issue of how women dress versus how men leer aside, I think you'll get a lot of immediate support in that situation.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #169
Give me a forum ...

Bad news: I may shortly run out of shovel pictures.

Good news: I have a whole bunch of pictures of holes.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #170
gone traveling

Quote:
Bad news: I may shortly run out of shovel pictures.

Good news: I have a whole bunch of pictures of holes.
Maybe a donut with Ahole in the middle...
Old 09-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #171
Recycles dryer sheets

Krispy Kreme Bacon Chedder Cheeseburgers?

How about some Krispy Kreme Bacon Chedder Cheeseburgers?

Old 09-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #172

Yuck. not into the sweet salty thing. One or the other not the same time combo.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #173
Recycles dryer sheets

Wondering if this would have went down the same way if the guy with the phone was a 6'6" Hell's Angel? Or a LA Crip? Or the creep was driving that big Honkin Shovel Thing?

Or did the theFed just spot the one person he could manhandle.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #174
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuf View Post
Wondering if this would have went down the same way if the guy with the phone was a 6'6" Hell's Angel? ....
If he was 6'6" I would have beat him to a pulp for shooting the bald spot on top on my head.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #175
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
You can be assured thefed would not have roughed up someone who might have challenged the manhandling. He's a street smart guy...... which means only pick on folks weaker than you......
Old 09-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #176
Give me a forum ...

Just so I'm clear, is a cheesburger on a donut stronger than a street smart guy?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:20 AM   #177
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Just so I'm clear, is a cheesburger on a donut stronger than a street smart guy?

I don't know about stronger but it's more dangerous.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:03 AM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
You can be assured thefed would not have roughed up someone who might have challenged the manhandling. He's a street smart guy...... which means only pick on folks weaker than you......

although this guy did outsize me by a couple inches or so and 60 lbs, i thought nothing of it. the amount of rage i was feeling after the guy started up again overshadowed the logical thinking....obviously.

i didn't 'pick' on anyone...how you could come to that assumption is beyond me. i think you meant the 'perv' decided he'd pick on the weaker person...a 5'5" woman
Old 09-04-2008, 07:11 AM   #179

Quote:
Wondering if this would have went down the same way if the guy with the phone was a 6'6" Hell's Angel? Or a LA Crip? Or the creep was driving that big Honkin Shovel Thing?

no, i didnt spot the 'one' person i could manhandle. i spotted a perv snapping shots of a womans chest and texting it to all his friends at a breast cancer rally. 2 different things.

you can be assured it would have gone down the same way had it been anyone else you mentioned.

perhaps i wouldve taken a more aggressive stance from the get-go to brace for the retaliation, but in no way would i have deviated from what i think is 'right' based on the perv's looks. that's the difference between standing up for what's right and 'bullying' someone....as someone else mentioned you dont bully someone who visually indicates they can bully you back. when you have a cause though, it shouldnt matter....although some common sense helps in these situations as well
Old 09-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #180
Recycles dryer sheets

thefed, just funnin with ya a bit, but "dude". This is a much different world these days than when we wuz young. About 7 years ago in LA, I saw an older man do something very similar to your actions. I will never forget seeing about 10 feet of his intestines spew out when the smaller Mexican guy ripped him open from sternum to belt buckle. Happened in 1/2 second on Redondo Pier. Mexican ran, got away, man now with lifelong problems.

How would you judge your actions today if that man had been able to beat you senseless and you were in a coma with years of recovery ahead.

Worth it? Just saying, "dude".